Got my Dart !!!!! Take a look!!!

-

951mopar

Reaction score
Finally found my Dart 1967, 318, 904. New motor ideas are already in the works. I also have the oringinal 273 . I guess the 2 years of searching paid off. I am kind of new to the forum, but I have been reading it for well over a year. You all have been a lot of help. Time to find a 8.75. Let the fun begin. :thumleft: Thread with pictures!

January 2008 002.jpg

January 2008 003.jpg

January 2008 004.jpg

January 2008 005.jpg

Saaaaweeet, That is a very, very nice car!
I'd be looking for alot more then 2 years to find something like that, around here.

Congrats!

All the best.

I paid 10k, I thought that was a little much until I saw it in person. It is a re-paint of the original color. The interior is very nice new seat covers, head liner, and carpet. I was looking for something that I could drive from the git go and slowly build a motor, tranny, rearend etc.... Thanks for the compliments. My wife doesn't care for it I don't think. When I asked her she said it was ok. I tried to explain sleeper to her, but itwas a no go.

I paid 10k, I thought that was a little much until I saw it in person. It is a re-paint of the original color. The interior is very nice new seat covers, head liner, and carpet. I was looking for something that I could drive from the git go and slowly build a motor, tranny, rearend etc.... Thanks for the compliments. My wife doesn't care for it I don't think. When I asked her she said it was ok. I tried to explain sleeper to her, but itwas a no go.

10k is a deal. No way could anyone have built that from a trashed out non-driver for that money. Sorry to hear about the wife. Would it help if you told her that it's worth at least twice that in parts? Not that you ever do that of course. :)

She may change her tune once she see's all the attention it gets too. :)

I looked at '67 two door post /6. Interior was way, way rough but the body was great and it ran. I could have drove it home. He wanted 1200 and I offered 900. He countered @ 1k. The wife said only if he comes down to 900. A week later some kids busted out both side windows (it was parked in the street) and he put it back on CL for $900 and it was gone in a day. it would have worth the grand in my opinion.

The wife and I started looking at prices around the country and realized she made a mistake. Right after last Turkey Day she calls to me about a '72 Duster for $500 (300 for the car and 200 to have it dropped off). I grabbed it that day. I'm long way off compared to what you have.

Nice car and enjoy!

I plan on keeping this for quite a while. The wife is accuallly the one that found it for me she was on her way back from Laughlin, NV and she spotted it parked on the side of the road and called me to let me know. I did not think much of it because it had a price of 17k that was last Nov. i found it on E bay for 12.5k. I went and look at it, because it is near the house and bought it. I guess i owe her for it. She will probablly let me know that!

Great car! Looks really super!

My wife is NOT a big fan of old cars. So I'm trying the Pavlov thing with her, every time she goes with me in the Valiant she always get something like ice cream or we go out to dinner or she gets to go shopping. I even tell her that's what I'm doing, she says it isn't working but she also says I can get another old car!

Here are more Photos

Damn sweet interior and the side view is phenominal! It's good to live out west. I moved to Colorado about 14 years ago from Chicago. East of the Mississippi cars just rot fast. Salt sucks.

Great car! Looks really super!

My wife is NOT a big fan of old cars. So I'm trying the Pavlov thing with her, every time she goes with me in the Valiant she always get something like ice cream or we go out to dinner or she gets to go shopping. I even tell her that's what I'm doing, she says it isn't working but she also says I can get another old car!

Ahh, positive re-enforcement. May I suggest jewlery? lol! Just kidding man. Great idea though.

Thats a pretty sweet car even for 10k. Don't let your wife worry you, it would be cool if she was into it but hey if she was into flower aranging or scrapbooking you probably wouldn't be into that. We all need our own thing.....that cars so nice its bound to grow on her!!!

Thats a great looking dart! Congrats on your find. 10K dosent sound so bad to me now that I spent 6500 bucks on a rusted out drag car! I can assure you I'll have waaaay more than 10K in mine befor its all said & done!

great looking car! there is something about those 67 Darts, although the body is the same as the 68 & 69, the trim package makes it unique and a look of its own! very sharp!

NICE CAR!!!!!!!!!!! You'll rarely see something that nice for sale up here....at ANY price. Like Joe said, everything rots to **** out here on the east coast.

Enjoy your car and the journey your about to take. You definitely have a great start. What you paid for the car is what body & paint work cost (on average) out here.

Save the jewelery for when you need a bribe for the Hemi.

That sucker is laser straight, and the "Ruby" interior is really nice with that light color exterior...........

Always loved the old ruby instead of the bright reds........really rich looking........If you paid 10K, you got a nice deal indeed........ :cheers:

That dart is beautiful, i just found a 68 valiant no rust great interior ,i am putting over 10,000 just in the motor then i still need to get it painted ,change rearends,tranny,brakes, so you got a great deal ,you couldnt even come close to building one half as nice as that for 10.000
Your wife will love the car as soon as she`s filming you racing it at the track for the first time LOL

Like Joe said, everything rots to **** out here on the east coast.

Thats no joke! I bought my duster in Bristol TN. A life long East Tenn. car & every time I crawl under it i find something that needs replaced due to rust/rot!!

-
Back