Got my driveshaft rebuilt and balanced. What a difference!

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had my driveshaft rebuilt , well just new Spicer U joints, and had it balanced. They had to heat the transmission side and straighten it and they added balance weights to both ends. I put it back in and went for a drive. It was smooooooth! I didn't realize there was a problem. Glad I did it. tmm

I love a success story. Sometimes stuff just goes right. Great feeling. Glad your ride is smoothed out. .

I hear ya Toolman! I just put in a new Denny's Aluminum shaft in my car replacing a shaft I had in there for the last 15 years or so, always knew something wasn't quite right with it but man what a difference it made! Smooooth is right.

I had my driveshaft rebuilt , well just new Spicer U joints, and had it balanced. They had to heat the transmission side and straighten it and they added balance weights to both ends. I put it back in and went for a drive. It was smooooooth! I didn't realize there was a problem. Glad I did it. tmm

Sounds like a cruise up to MN for the MoPar show is in store now for you now :glasses7:

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Thanks great news Toolmanmike!!

The same thing just went on my list. I swapped an 8.75 into my car, along with the drive shaft to go with it, last week and I'm getting a little rumble vibration at low speed. Hopefully it will help mine!

-
Back