Got my new cam! Now the fun can begin...

-
Well, here it is all back together and waiting for the weather to cooperate.

Engine-trans.jpg

I had Ken grind me a very similar solid lifter cam and I'm happy with it..
I had 4.10 gears and they were fun for a time until they weren't... I have 3.56 now and much happier...

Nope, my block is a 1969 LA
So I am currently using retro-fit hydraulic rollers - junk.
Worst recent mistake I made was letting myself get talked into using a hyd roller.
what make retro fit hyd roller lifters did you use ?

Comp Cam
I have said this before, if you are building a street engine you dont need a roller cam.
don't need it but the quality of hyraulic lifter is bad i went through 3 sets before i found a good one so i went roller on my last build

There is an industry wide lifter shortage right now especially flat tappet hyd. 904 Mopar solids are still ok....When I get back to work I' m buying two more sets...just in case.

don't need it but the quality of hyraulic lifter is bad i went through 3 sets before i found a good one so i went roller on my last build
If I were builing a new engine now for the street it would have solid EDM flat tappet lifters in it. Rollers are just not worth the extra $ money for street performance. Depending on your engine specifications there are many really good out of the box flat tappet solid cams that perform very well or better yet have a custom grind done for far less money than a roller set up.
If it were a racing engine I would install a high quality solid roller and the lifter bores would have bushings installed.

360 LA
Speedmaster CNC heads
Oregon h-roller cam 236/248 @.050, .539/.558 lift
Holley street dominator intake
750 Holley vac secondary

I have a similar 11/1 Scr, Eddy-headed 367, but with a 230/236 FTH cam, .549/[email protected] arms.
By it's trapspeed of 93 in the Eighth at 3467 pounds @930ft, the Wallace says that is 433hp. That's a nice round number and still streetable; it was my DD for perhaps 50,000 miles or more, until I retired it to weekend bomber.
Yur gonna love it.

-
Back