Got my new Mopar Classic catalog - kinda sad

-
Gotta face it the folks that are reproducing parts for this old stuff are getting much older.
So are the folks buying. I used to build a car every year. Spend $$$ with these companies.Not now.
Some are done with the hobby.No new blood interested.It will slowly fade.....

It's the way of the world-technological and value change. I can't make my kids be interested in my muscle car; they can't share my memory of the girl at the drive-in and street racing. A lot of the wraps of sacredness are off now. They will find their own way; but we can and must warn them too, like a hazard ahead sign on the road.

The word on the street is the internal combustion engine will be outlawed by 2036.
Only electric cars will be produced by the manufactures. Yes No Maybe ?
We will see. I don't want to use the word government as this post will be deleted.

The word on the street is the internal combustion engine will be outlawed by 2036.
Only electric cars will be produced by the manufactures. Yes No Maybe ?
We will see. I don't want to use the word government as this post will be deleted.

Fortunately that's mostly BS. People heard about countries passing laws where only new cars will be electric in 2030 and ASSumed that meant ALL IC engines will be outlawed. Hell Mazda, Toyota, Subaru, Yamaha and Kawasaki recently announced they "joined forces" to continue development on next-gen IC engines. If any laws like that go into effect they will have zero effect on the cars people are already driving now. There are very real, very large-scale issues around everyone switching to electric cars but people are making way too big a fuss about it running around like the sky is falling. The problems won't fix themselves but there are many smart people already thinking of ways around them. Historically the U.S. is very good at adapting to problems it's just been a while since things got dicey enough to make everyone who can make a difference start paying attention and give a crap.

On the subject of the younger generation there are plenty of people my age who would LOVE to own, build and drive a classic car, but the damn things are too expensive! I lucked out getting my Duster in 2007, for the same condition it was in when I bought it a similar one now would easily go for twice as much. And I kind of disagree about the lack of new parts; just in the past 2 years Holley came out with the full product line of parts for G3 Hemi swaps. Trick Flow (finally) came out with affordable high-quality aluminum heads for SB and BB Mopar engines. Tremec released the TKX 5-speed and kits to swap modern overdrive transmissions into classic cars are more popular than ever. Companies like QA1 and Hotchkis continue to release new upgrade parts for Mopar suspensions and chassis. Maybe it's because I mostly just pay attention to mechanical parts but regardless these new products wouldn't be getting developed and released if there wasn't a demand for them...

Yesterday ordered a front engine wiring harness for the 66 Valient. Still some good stuff with a little higher pricing.

-
Back