Got my new shoes on!

-

dgc333

Reaction score
Santa brought me new Rally wheels for the 'Cuda and I finally got the fronts mounted over the week end. I have gone from 235/60-14 Rally wheels all around to 255/60 on 15x8 on the back and 225/60 on 15x7 up front. I think it give the car a much more agressive stance.

NewTires007-1.jpg

dave, that looks great! same size i am going sith on the back. how does the 225's up front work as far as turning? those bigger ones definitely change everything.

Sweet looking car, notch back barracudas are my favorite Mopar.

The 15x8 wheels have a 4.5" back spacing, this leaves about 1/2" clearance between the side wall of the tire and the spring. Less back spacing would allow a bigger tire since there is more clearance to the wheel well lip.

Up front the 225/60-15 has the same overall diameter as the 235/60-14's I had on the car. The wider rim moved the tire out some but there is no clearance issues at all, the tread width diffrence is minimal. The tire is in about the same place as they were when i still had the small bolt circle drum brakes with the American Racing slotted wheels on the front, they had less back spacing than the ralley wheels.

Car looks great with the new rubber!

Hey, do you want to unload the aluminum slots you removed?
Shoot a PM this way if ya do.

George

Car looks great with the new rubber!

Hey, do you want to unload the aluminum slots you removed?
Shoot a PM this way if ya do.

George

George,

The slots were on there several years ago before I swapped the 9" drums for 73+ disk breaks and an 8.25" axle. They are long gone. I removed bbp 14x6 Rally wheels for the wheel swap.

-
Back