Got my new toy home yesterday.

-

tvt59

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got the new to me Dakota home yesterday.

20240421_094712.jpg

Really, really nice Vick. What does it run and what power train
It had a BBM and a glide. I'll be putting my W5 engine and a TF904 trans. With the current combo it ran 5.60's in the 1/8th. If I can get 750hp out of my engine it should run about 5.75

That's a badass truck.
I think my next build will be my 99 r/t club cab (just a street toy).
Was outside yesterday just pondering the thought, center the engine and transmission, get rid of the power brakes build a nice big block and 727.

Bad *** looking truck! Please start a thread on it the build up of it.

Dakotas make good looking race trucks for sure. Was this an old Pro Stock Truck class truck or a purpose built bracket truck? Any more pictures of it?
I looked it up and this truck was not in the Pro Stock Truck thread from a while back.
Pro Stock Truck. Man I loved that class
It was originally built in Arkansas for a guy. The person I purchased it from has owned it since 2003. His son decided to stop racing so the father sold me the car. I think it'll make a really good bracket truck. It's a mild steel chassis so it don't think that it can cert for faster than 7.50 . But I'm not certain about the rules on that.

It was originally built in Arkansas for a guy. The person I purchased it from has owned it since 2003. His son decided to stop racing so the father sold me the car. I think it'll make a really good bracket truck. It's a mild steel chassis so it don't think that it can cert for faster than 7.50 . But I'm not certain about the rules on that.
Was the guy in Van Buren , u bought it off of ??

Right 7.50 is the limit for mild steel cars.

Right 7.50 is the limit for mild steel cars.
I plan on bracket racing it as long as my health is good. Then I'll give it to my son. I think he's going to use my W7 stuff and build a turbo W7 engine. But I don't know if this chassis is going to be good enough for that.

Last edited:
I plan on bracket racing it as long as my health is good. Then I'll give it to my son. I think he's going to use my W7 stuff and build a turbo W7 engine. But I don't know if this chassis is going to be good enough for that.
That is going to be one kick *** bracket truck. I hope we get some in-car video of a pass after you get it running so we can hear that small block sing.

-
Back