got my ride running again yeah

-

mopwr2004a

low slung chassis
Reaction score
[ame="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/mopwr2004a/?action=view&current=2012-07-19_11-59-42_937.mp4"]
th_2012-07-19_11-59-42_937.jpg
[/ame]

I reworked the cooling system to a remote pump, a custom water pump replacement manifold, and a honda civic aluminum radiator. I hope to take it to the track friday nght if the rain will ever stop.

Thought you guys were havin' a drought down there? Sure would like to see photos of your setup

yes I pc'd the whole system together. As to wether the radiator is enough, i'm not 100% sure yet. I will find out tonght, running in the driveway it never got above 170* , I will keep you posted on how it works.

once I'm ceertain it works as planned I will be getiing the hoses shortend and ends that will make everything fit nice and clean.

If that works out that will be a nice weight savings (and you will have the cutest radiator at the track...LOL). Nice work on the manifold, looks good.

ok just got hm. the car got hot on the first pass but I did drive it around alot. drove from pit area to tech, left car running during tech, the drove all the way up to the staging area. shut off car while adjusted tire pressure. then cranked the car and drove to the burn out box. all together including the run about 1-1/2 miles. when I crossed the finish line the car was at 240* but never climbed higher driving all the way back to the trailer. I think it had a air pocket in the system. I found other issues also so didn't try to run again. here's the nmbrs leaving on foot brake on M/T ET streets,

.220 r/t
1.963 60'
5.286 330'
7.993 1/8 mile
90.56 mph
10.379 1000'

having a vibration and some handling issues to look into. didn't leave with the accelerator to the floor but when I did mash it the car was all over and making some good power. once lined out should make some easy low 11 to some high 10 second passes.

-
Back