Got my rough '64 Dart today....

-

mikeys toy

asshole
Reaction score
It's rough, but my frame guy looked at it and said 90% of the damage is in the quarter; the frame doesn't look to be out of line. Just needs quarters really bad. and floors. and a left front fender. But I've only got about $100 in it so.....
68qv7p.jpg

mc9reo.jpg

2yuhzkw.jpg

24f86.jpg

2lwrx2d.jpg

sweet! another '64 saved from the crusher. just keep imagining all the good times you will have once its done.

played with a portapower, prybars and hammers today and got most of the "bulge" out from above the fender well. Did some calling and found a rusty quarter for $200 off of a GT.
Gonna do some more pulling tomorrow...

$200 For a rusty quarter! Did u tell them that was more than the whole car? Oh well, gotta do what u can do. Sometimes I cringe at the prices 4 this stuff and then I remember what a new car costs.

This is as of tonite; still need to pull the top of the quarter over.
1039bes.jpg

33naw7r.jpg

need a driver's fender......
2i8gld5.jpg

that quarter panel looks a whole lot better. every once in a while i see fenders on craigslist and they are not that expensive. luckily most people still have not caught on to the early -A- scene.

Wow Mikey, those quarters don't look so bad now! Nice work. But as cheap as I've seen some fenders, I'd try to find a used front fender instead of trying to repair that mess!

Oh yeah; I'm not going to bother with the fender. It has a working headlight and it's easy to change. I can drive it with the quarter as is until I find one. I did find a '65 4 door I can modify the fender for this '64. It's probably too much work to try the quarter.

The original has been replaced with trailer light. From the looks of the quarter panel the tail light assembly is long gone. I'm considering changing to a different tail light for my 63 since the originals are so hard to find. Mike

Awww, that fender will buff out. :) The 1/4 looks pretty good, though, considering what it used to look like. The fender prolly needs replacing. Look for a 4 door parts car.

Oh yeah; I'm not going to bother with the fender. It has a working headlight and it's easy to change. I can drive it with the quarter as is until I find one. I did find a '65 4 door I can modify the fender for this '64. It's probably too much work to try the quarter.

from the looks of it you might be able to get away with using a 4 door quarter and repairing the forward section. as far as the fender, Id just get a 63-64 fender to start with

I was thinking that.
The lense was destroyed in the accident, the "Bucket" is okay, and I had 2 new lights I bought for a Sweptline project laying here, so.....

i believe lower quarter patch panels are available thru laysons, so one on this site was posting pics of the install,,,looks good,,,love those darts

DO NOT GOT THROUGH LAYSON'S PERIOD. For any body panels!!!! Auto Body Specialties. http://autobodyspecialt.com/ is where Layson's gets their product.

Layson's fucks you over by jacking up the price 200-400%. Excuse the language. I recent member who got screwed will agree.

Laysons sucks ***! and they take forever to ship! I ordered my underhood padding, drivers motor mount, an underhood strap kit, and a few other small things....about $200 worth ......get this
TWO YEARS AGO!!! they just shipped out this past tuesday.

dayam...
I have a budget of $200/mo. This includes my gas, oil and tire payment on the Powerwagon. Anything I need will have to come out of that.
I plan on just getting it running, pull the 8 1/4 and discs from the Valiant and driving it. I will stockpile pieces until I either find a better shell or get everything together.
Now; who wants to donate a rusty fender or trunklid to this project?

-
Back