got new wheels..:)

-
30 bucks per wheel?

that is a buddy

ive ran these wheels on the back of my duster for about a year
should have two matching ones coming for the front today

ive got those on my duster had them on for about 6 months still look good but the cars been a garage queen lol

I think they look way better than those corny original chrome slots.

talked to my powdercoat buddy today.. he said no problem to clear them.. should still look chrome when done he said.. he said about $30 a wheel... hopefully i'll drop them off next week... then i'll need to find 275/60-17 white letter tires i like for them..

Joe, before you do that let me show you something first. (I'm not going to try to steal your business LOL -- I know you've been happy with his work for years, and I want to introduce this to both of you.)

Check out Part No. MC-160 from NIC Industries. It's a somewhat new formulation out of several liquid ceramic finishes and is being marketed as the "World's Strongest Clear Coat." NOT a powder, this is a liquid you spray onto polished metals with an HVLP gun. This is a link to the Clear Ceramic section on the site Home | Cerakote Clear (click the one for polished metals to see the MC-160).

It will protect and preserve the polishing without hazing, getting dull or turning yellow over time. You all know what I do for a living, and this stuff is far and away superior to ANY clear powder I've ever used on my polished pieces (I no longer powder coat them at all). Check out the lower windshield trim for a convertible below, and the fins on the Commando valve covers for the famed Golden Commando GoldFish.

012.JPG

Bruce Lindstrom After 3.jpg

Bruce Lindstrom After 2.jpg

I also used it on the headlight rings for an old Polara ... notice the reflection of the springs.

Eric Oleksiak & Fox Shox 002.JPG

Eric Oleksiak & Fox Shox 004.JPG

Eric Oleksiak & Fox Shox 011.JPG

I hope this helps your decision AND your new rims for the express!

I just had headers coated and the guy was bitching how much cerakote costs

Is it something that can be sprayed on at home?

I’m not looking to pay more then I paid for the wheel to have them coated.

I'd just leave them and hit them with the mothers drill ball thing.

How much is that stuff? Per wheel?

You'll be pleasantly surprised to learn you can do it at home yourself (call me if you need prep tips any time) for $35.00 plus shipping.

I've used it on probably twenty sets of Commando fins (@ 4 a set), a few pieces for Billy's projects, and every piece I've polished for probably a year and I'm still on my 4 oz. trial size. A little bit goes a lonnnnnng way. It will never need to be touched up (unless you get a curb rash or damage down to bare metal) and is supposed to last a lifetime. Every customer whose parts I've used it on has been delighted.

This is the link to the exact stuff you need. MC-160 High Gloss Ceramic Clear | Cerakote Clear

Oops, forgot to mention earlier that I bought the perfect HVLP spray gun (it needs a fine tip, i.e., a .8 mm) on eBay for $17.99. It cleans up with normal paint thinner.

Sounds a bit better than whippin' out the Mother's Power Ball every couple of weeks eh??? :thumbsup:

Fronts went on today, rears are a year old, my driveway is dirt....questions?

20180322_143040.jpg

I agree, cost outweighs the benefits. The stuff is $35 for a trial size and it's enough. Look at the link I posted.

Your coater could buy the stuff and the HVLP gun (or you can). It goes on like spraying a car, takes no special skill and dries to the touch in about 45 mins; it continues to air cure over the next few days and can be used almost immediately. I'm the World's Worst Painter and I pull it off all right.

So I just YouTubed that stuff. Looks pretty easy. Wipe down rims with tert-butyl acetate real good. Then No mixing or anything. Pour through a filter into a gun. Spray hard areas first then spray the rest of the rim and let dry. Seems easy.

These came up for sale locally and made me think of this post. The price is CDN dollars. If you want me to pm the seller for contact info let me know.

Screenshot_20180326-083320.png

These came up for sale locally and made me think of this post. The price is CDN dollars. If you want me to pm the seller for contact info let me know.

View attachment 1715157665

thanks.. probably not a bad price but after shipping just too much for me.. i have a set on the truck that needs to be re-chromed. i'll put them aside in case i ever want to do so..

-
Back