Got off my butt,worked on my garbage.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Stuffed the front cover /water pump assembly.Radiator/ twin fan electric fan installed. Close to light. Share your achievements/frustrations....

I accomplished about the same as you did today. And I started to polish my intake manifold. Should have never started that......

my ignition box **** out on me so I am gonna have to get a new one. I freaked out when it happened too. I didn't know what it was but now after getting more level header and RustyRatRod's help, we got it pretty narrowed down to that

Get to work... LOL

Been getting a few things done myself. One day. :)

I tore back into my truck today. Got the intake off to replace the intake gaskets. I hope that fixes it.

My ignition box took a **** too. Right on the on ramp on my way to a show. Pissed me the hell off. Time for MSD pro billet.

replaced the tail shaft bushing in my dart, started out easy enough tell I started putting it back together and couldn't find the bolt that holds the tran. mount. You would never guess where I found it a hour later. the dam dog had it in his dog house.

Oil Change on Dad's Compass,Eazy Peazy,...... Clean Mom's Neon, Not so easy, Had 2 wash It twice, vacuum half the local beach outa It, Fix the Flat tire,...Next was the Poncho, typical crap GM disc brakes, pedal felt like crap, put front pads on it, hell they're still at 50%, but at least the front shaking stopped on hard braking,...this is pad set number 5 at just over 103 thou on the odo,...After that the Jeep had a sticky left front caliper, Threw a NAPA Reman on It, took It around the block, stopped great,...but the alternator stopped singin like Its been doin for the last 3 years,.Not charging,....(heavy sigh),...

Oil change on Casper and Victoria yesterday everything went as planed and greased Victoria's shifting linkage .
I was going yo change out the old 67.000 mile oil sending unit but it was the wrong one.. It was on order for a week, now it is going back.

Attachments

• Bithday 2013 025.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 296
  • Bithday 2013 031.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Bithday 2013 040.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Bithday 2013 042.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Bithday 2013 044.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 300
I was going yo change out the old 67.000 mile oil sending unit but it was the wrong one.. It was on order for a week, now it is going back.

Hey Mike, Didn't ya order any of that NAPA Know How to make that new switch fit???,.....(ya had to know that was comin)..:evil4:

I had to work yesterday :wack: and had to drive a couple hours away for the job. Coming home I got caught in some rain, not particularly heavy, but enough to puddle in the road.
It was the first time in the rain in the new company car, a 2012 Malibu. It was all over the road! I have never driven anything as bad as this car is. It is a nice car, but damn! I don't know if it is the tires or what. Every time I hit a puddle of water the *** end wanted to come around, or it wanted to pull to the side with deeper water.
I have plenty of wet weather driving experience. Trust me, this was the worst experience I've ever had!
C

:cheers:
Hey Mike, Didn't ya order any of that NAPA Know How to make that new switch fit???,.....(ya had to know that was comin)..:evil4:
:D seen it coming jaimus :toothy10:..
I have been a NAPA fan for many years and I have some good old countermen here, I have had an account with them for over 25 years and get Christmas cards every year for the last 4 years now :D Yep memike gets the farmers fleet price and get the run of the building if I need to find a hose or fitting on my own, I worked there 1 1/2 years as a counterman during my shoulder rehab, Yes I am a NAPA man for sure, Boogady Boogady!! Quite!! Matt Lock is on :D

Everything outdoors has been on hold for over 2 weeks due to rain.
Plenty of time to focus on my indoor project. That yielded nothing.

It happens. Stock box?.
an orange box HemiEd gave me a long time ago. I had an LX101 on it before and it worked good. I shouldn't of put that orange box on and just kept it as a spare because now I have no spare at all.

and Rusty knows his chit, he's a good guy and has taught me alot
Everything outdoors has been on hold for over 2 weeks due to rain.
Plenty of time to focus on my indoor project. That yielded nothing.
yeah, its been pouring here for like a month straight. its gotten old very fast

It's been fairly busy in my garage yesterday. Replaced a leaky intake manifold gasket (rear rail seal leaked after swapping manifolds), welded up a couple cracks in my headers (so much for the ceramic coating near the collector), took the drag radials to be rotated (has to be dismounted and moved to the other wheel), and built some ducting to improve the efficiency of my cooling system.

Today, I'm spending some time with my guitar. It's raining outside anyway

replaced the tail shaft bushing in my dart, started out easy enough tell i started putting it back together and couldn't find the bolt that holds the tran. Mount. You would never guess where i found it a hour later. The dam dog had it in his dog house.

lol

Finished buttoning the 318 together last weekend. Pulled the heads off and had em milled, thanks to a leaking head gasket.

Just got the new gaskets in. Box looks like Mike Tyson bit it in half. Gasket card packages look nice and curled at the ends, like a skateboard. Thankfully, they aren't damaged or warped in any way.

I'm going to CC the heads soon and see if the .010" shaved is too much.

This weekend, I replaced an alternator in my girlfriend's sister's '77 Celica GT liftback. Ears were different. Now it needs a shorter belt...

Nothing finished this weekend. hahahaha

I installed new fuel lines & brake lines in my 68 Dart, & removed exhaust. Now need to order headers, pipes, fuel tank. I built a Electrolysis tank to de-rust my drums and rotors. Oh & shorten & rethread the adjustable brake pushrod I bought from Mancini. AARRRGH its always something.

I installed new fuel lines & brake lines in my 68 Dart, & removed exhaust. Now need to order headers, pipes, fuel tank. I built a Electrolysis tank to de-rust my drums and rotors. Oh & shorten & rethread the adjustable brake pushrod I bought from Mancini. AARRRGH its always something.

Hey roger where did you get your brake lines from? I recently delt with a company and they weren't very helpful.

Inline Tube. I have 68 Dart w/ 74 Dart discs & 72 Coronet drums, changed from power to manual, & they were helpful. I thought I had it figured out, & they called back to confirm something & we ended up changing slightly. The fuel line was close but required a little fudging.

-
Back