got ripped off for 1800.00

-

moparman1

Reaction score
americas pride automotive eguipment in seekonk ma 02771. ordered a lift from them back in sept. they just informed me they got takened for 300,000. so know its my turn i guess. dont order from this place.

I would consider filing against them quickly and/or see if you can find others in the same boat and threaten a class action suit. I hate to get all "litigaty" (my own word) but that's a lot of money. Contact the powers that be in the state of Mass. Hope something good comes from all of this and thanks for letting us know.

Ahhhh, maaaaan!

What did you order.

Good luck with this.

Just file a dispute with the Credit Card. That's the only reason I use them for big ticket stuff - just in case.

That really sucks, don't let them away with it. It is your blood and sweat that you earned this money with. What did you mean that they got taken for 300,000? It is not your fault. Sock it to them until you get your cash back in your hands. It is companies like this that is making it harder to trust some online purchasers.

Stay on it...which atty gen did you write to...WVA atty gen probably can't do much for you. I had a company go bankrupt owing me more than $8000.00. I was able to find out who their atty and accountant were and I kept hounding them and was made part of the overall settlement. To date I have gotten most of my money and get a check each quarter. They had also offered me a settlement. What about this companies insurance? It all sucks though and your still left slidin' on the cardboard. Good Luck!

got my money back today. man am i glad.:wav: now where can i buy a lift and not get ripped off. thinking of driving up to minerva ohio and getting one.long haul, but at least i will get it.

congrats glad to hear it worked out for you that only seems to happen once in a while anymore hope you get your new lift without anymore problems

got my money back today. man am i glad.:wav: now where can i buy a lift and not get ripped off. thinking of driving up to minerva ohio and getting one.long haul, but at least i will get it.

Glad to hear you got your money back..... How about Northern Tool ?? :?:

nice to hear the little guy made out good,,,,,find your self a nice lift,,there are plenty of lifts advertised in all magazines,,,

i would say to stay away from Eagle, northern, or harbor freight lifts as well as backyard buddy or any of the lifts that offer a caster kit to roll it around.
get a pro lift, the "consumer" lifts are junk, just counting on the relatively low use factor. compare an eagle to a rotary and you will see, they are like apples and oranges. also, just being made in america doesn't make it a good lift (mexico and brazil are considered "america") lots of junk comes from texas as well.
Rotary and ben pearson are good lifts. (there are others as well)
there are two Ben pearson dealers who sell on ebay and offer fee shipping to the lower 48 states. they are:
metro_lifts and a1automotiveequipmentsales
just search ebay by seller to find thier auctions and stores.
you can double protect yourself by paying with a credit card through paypal as well. i think you can get a lift delivered for less then you were going to pay from the outfit who almost shafted you. as one of them advertises, thier lift is still a better deal then a cheaper lift with freight added to the price.
Doug

Oops, i took a look at that americas pride automotive eguipment website, and you might not be able to get a ben pearson for the same cost, but those america's pride lifts are some cheesy looking lifts. once you get a good look at a REAL lift you will see what i mean. i don't think i would wan to trust my cars or my life to one of those things. i see lots of "half truths" in thier statements as to why thier lifts are "the best" .
if the money is an issue, i recomend that you save up a bit for a real lift, or buy a good used one. i would rather have a used "real" lift, then a consumer piece of junk new. Doug

Good ending to a bad story.
I would have knocked on there front door.
Glad to here you are on your way with your money back.

forward lifts are the cheaper line of lifts that use all rotary parts. rotarys are top shelf. i have one and it works fantastic. stay away from bendpak. chinese garbage, tiny hydraulic lines means it goes up slow and comes down even slower.

i would say to stay away from Eagle, northern, or harbor freight lifts as well as backyard buddy or any of the lifts that offer a caster kit to roll it around.
get a pro lift, the "consumer" lifts are junk, just counting on the relatively low use factor. compare an eagle to a rotary and you will see, they are like apples and oranges. also, just being made in america doesn't make it a good lift (mexico and brazil are considered "america") lots of junk comes from texas as well.
there are two Ben pearson dealers who sell on ebay and offer fee shipping to the lower 48 states. they are:
you can double protect yourself by paying with a credit card through paypal as well. i think you can get a lift delivered for less then you were going to pay from the outfit who almost shafted you. as one of them advertises, thier lift is still a better deal then a cheaper lift with freight added to the price.
Doug
thanks for the info, going to go check them out, ben pearson is not that far away from my wifes aunt. thanks again, let you know what happens.

Doug

I've only owned one lift, but this Eagle has served well over the years ... It'll lift my 3/4 pick up with a plow and sander on it, and has literally been up and down thousands of times ... It's got a strong set of locking pins for safety, so I've never had any concerns using it ... I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I've got no beef with Eagle ...

http://eagleequip.com/page/EE/PROD/LI-HD/317-000

I've only owned one lift, but this Eagle has served well over the years ... It'll lift my 3/4 pick up with a plow and sander on it, and has literally been up and down thousands of times ... It's got a strong set of locking pins for safety, so I've never had any concerns using it ... I'm sure there are better ones out there, but I've got no beef with Eagle ...

http://eagleequip.com/page/EE/PROD/LI-HD/317-000

what model do you have

I just got the new northern tool catalog in the mail today, and they are carrying ben pearson lifts now, and also offer them with free freight!
www.northerntool.com (i would still stay away from the harbor freight ones) Doug

i've got a challenger 10,000 lb professional hydraulic two-post lift for sale, used but in perfect working condition for $2000. you would need a 12 foot ceiling to clear it at full lift. its in cincinnati ohio.
-tim

-
Back