Got scammed on Kijiji

-
I'm told that the police aren't going to get a court order to trace a cell phone unless its a big $ scam. I'm sure scammers are well aware of this.

I posted a parts wanted ad on FABO and received a response from someone referring me to Ashley with a text number. I reached out to Ashley (probably a male thief). She said her husband died and she’s selling the parts. She wanted $275 for the parts I was interested in.
I responded I wasn’t in a hurry and I’d look around for a better price. Right away she said to make her an offer. I made what was a realistic offer of $135. She jumped on it. I said send pics and she said she would but I guess she couldn’t find Internet pics. I said, I can pay USPS Money Order or PayPal. Her response was send money via Zelle. I sensed something smelled since “she” kept texting when she didn’t hear back from me like she had a fish nibbling at her hook. I maintained contact for 5 days wasting her time by asking dumb & ridiculous questions. I did send a $1 to test the waters. She wanted to know when I was going to send the money. I said I sent you $1 since you promised to send pics when you received the money…
I left a lot out because I sensed a thief and kept wasting her/his time. I even called my brother and he loves screwing with thieves and he really wasted his/her time. My brother checked a few days later and the number was disconnected. The real truth came out when I called her/him out as a thief. She/he finally frustrated and pissed attempted to curse me out, but being a foreigner, didn’t know the proper way to curse an American. I noticed my Egyptian friend and the English friends use the word rubbish routinely. He/she used rubbish while cursing me out. So I’m certain they were from another country. So for a $1 I got to jerk and waste a scammer/thieves time over a period of 5 days.
It was worth the buck! Lol
When my fiance adopted dog was missing we put an ad out and I had people calling her and trying to get us to send them money so they tell us where the dog was but they wanted to have a good face payment to make sure we were the proper owners and stuff total BS foreigners then they started cussing me out they couldn't even type English correctly or use punctuation just like these scumbags trying to sell or rent other people's houses and they all say the same damn thing it's like they pass along the transcript and share it with all their buddies

When my fiance adopted dog was missing we put an ad out and I had people calling her and trying to get us to send them money so they tell us where the dog was but they wanted to have a good face payment to make sure we were the proper owners and stuff total BS foreigners then they started cussing me out they couldn't even type English correctly or use punctuation just like these scumbags trying to sell or rent other people's houses and they all say the same damn thing it's like they pass along the transcript and share it with all their buddies
Run that part about the punctuation by me again?

1577809363748.gif

See I didn't use punctuation at all so I guess it was a long run on sentence I'm talking about incorrect punctuation. Incorrect phrasing incorrect spelling. Just all kind of red flags

I'm told that the police aren't going to get a court order to trace a cell phone unless its a big $ scam. I'm sure scammers are well aware of this.
I talked to the local police department and they said that they wouldn't get a court order for a cellphone because of the burner phone's being untraceable, I talked to them because I was getting a lot of scam calls on my cell phone of which I never answered but most would leave a message with a non working number. The criminals have it down to a science. They never stay in one location very long

I talked to the local police department and they said that they wouldn't get a court order for a cellphone because of the burner phone's being untraceable, I talked to them because I was getting a lot of scam calls on my cell phone of which I never answered but most would leave a message with a non working number. The criminals have it down to a science. They never stay in one location very long
Man, I signed up for a house listing site, even though a Have a Realtor..... I get 30 to 40 Scam Likely calls a day!

Man, I signed up for a house listing site, even though a Have a Realtor..... I get 30 to 40 Scam Likely calls a day!
I believe that. There was a lady in st.louis who rented a house only to find out that the person she rented from wasn't the owner and they were long gone.

Even larger scams and thefts- it's MUCH less costly for the bank or insurance company to "just" eat the loss than to pursue and prosecute the criminals.

Because of all of the scammers and what ever, is exactly why I will not bring cash when looking at a car, it would be to easy to get robbed and you would never find them. I had a guy get stupid about it so I told him to put his car were the sun doesn't shine. If they won't meet you at a bank or police station they are up to no good

I believe that. There was a lady in st.louis who rented a house only to find out that the person she rented from wasn't the owner and they were long gone.
Same thing happened to a guy I used to work with, he called about the house, drove by it, but was not able to see inside because the person told him they were out of town for a couple days due to a family emergency. He was asked to send a deposit via Western Union. He eventually got most of his money back, but was left in a bind without a place to live.

Same thing happened to a guy I used to work with, he called about the house, drove by it, but was not able to see inside because the person told him they were out of town for a couple days due to a family emergency. He was asked to send a deposit via Western Union. He eventually got most of his money back, but was left in a bind without a place to live.
Glad that he got most of his money back, hate that he had no place to go.

What's sad is that the criminals know that they will most likely get away with it and if they are caught a lawyer will get them out of it. I think that they mess with them to much, make the non violent offenders go out and pick up trash and cut down weeds,plow snow in a senior Center.

yep exactly the same bs I think they all pass around computer printouts or something

-
Back