Got scammed on Kijiji

-
I don't mean anything against anyone on here what so ever, but this is why I don't trust a verbal agreement. Sadly enough some people simply can't be trusted.

Man that sucks. I just got scammed out of a carport and a metal building that I built and own. I caint stand a liar and a thief
Still have the Car Port, need to move it out?

Not sure if you are moving or what? I am interested in a carport. Florida . . .

I'm sure the bank knows what bank it went to and the location. I'm also sure that the cell number can be traced to an owner. The issue is that no one will disclose the info or do anything about it. The scammers can do whatever they want without fear of repercussion and they know it.
My response is long winded........so point form......

The bank held up my transfer and sent message to contact them.
Scammer was waiting for the transfer...I told him I'm working on it.
45 minutes into holding on the phone for the bank, the e-transfer was released.
At the 1 hour mark, RBC bank rep finally answers my call.
Rep told me that the email address had been flagged, that's why they told me to call and held the transfer.
F.....ing COVID. The reason it took sooooo long to answer my call so I missed the window to cancel once it was released.

I'm sure the bank knows what bank it went to and the location. I'm also sure that the cell number can be traced to an owner. The issue is that no one will disclose the info or do anything about it. The scammers can do whatever they want without fear of repercussion and they know it.
That's what I thought. So I research on it and the ones who do this use fake identification. The phone's are what's called a burner phone and apparently they are untraceable

Rep told me that the email address had been flagged, that's why they told me to call and held the transfer.
F.....ing COVID. The reason it took sooooo long to answer my call so I missed the window to cancel once it was released.

There's a simple solution to this. And that's not the use of photo identification, but rather finger print. The bad thing about using the eyes is that for a while a person could get different colored contact lenses.

The postal Investigating folks are armed. I've heard they don't play
in the US they sure are. in Canadia they only carry hockey sticks and maple syrup and when arrested they tell you that you have the right to be polite.

Still have the Car Port, need to move it out?

Not sure if you are moving or what? I am interested in a carport. Florida . . .
I think I've been burned out of it I'm going to have to take her to civil court. I could do the other way but that's going to put me in odds with the law. That's the LAST DAMN thing I need!

That's some BS right there

I think I've been burned out of it I'm going to have to take her to civil court. I could do the other way but that's going to put me in odds with the law. That's the LAST DAMN thing I need!
often, wasting other people's time and resources can give you the satisfaction of a little retribution. take her to court, constantly, over nothing and ask for late in the day docket so it screws up her whole day. sign up all her emails for junk mail and mailing lists. send unsolicited packages full of cheap junk from ali express. give her phone number(s) out to charity and political organizations, along with the mailing address.

I've been fortunate so far, but I do know a couple of people who have been scammed for a good sum of cash. Both on Kijiji and on investments.
My brother and sister in law were scammed for around $100k several years ago in an investment scam, as was my mother, she got hit for $20k.

Be careful out there guys.A woman in my city posted a cell phone for sale on Facebook marketplace. A couple responded and agreed to meet her at her house. When she answered the door they hit her with pepper spray and stole the phone out of her hand and drove off.RJ:elmer:

often, wasting other people's time and resources can give you the satisfaction of a little retribution. take her to court, constantly, over nothing and ask for late in the day docket so it screws up her whole day. sign up all her emails for junk mail and mailing lists. send unsolicited packages full of cheap junk from ali express. give her phone number(s) out to charity and political organizations, along with the mailing address.
Hehe he! That put a smile on my face for the first time in days!

I've been fortunate so far, but I do know a couple of people who have been scammed for a good sum of cash. Both on Kijiji and on investments.
My brother and sister in law were scammed for around $100k several years ago in an investment scam, as was my mother, she got hit for $20k.
Ouch!!!!!

Be careful out there guys.A woman in my city posted a cell phone for sale on Facebook marketplace. A couple responded and agreed to meet her at her house. When she answered the door they hit her with pepper spray and stole the phone out of her hand and drove off.RJ:elmer:
Scumbags. They Need to be shot!

Hehe he! That put a smile on my face for the first time in days!
chin up amigo. it's a long straight road without a bend in it, she'll get hers eventually.

until then, you could always post an ad on c'list for a free carport & metal building. just come get 'em. any time between 5.30am and 8am or after 10pm is best. don't bother knocking, just take whatever you want.

Geez......Remind me not to piss you off :lol:

chin up amigo. it's a long straight road without a bend in it, she'll get hers eventually.

until then, you could always post an ad on c'list for a free carport & metal building. just come get 'em. any time between 5.30am and 8am or after 10pm is best. don't bother knocking, just take whatever you want.
Heck Yeah! That's hilarious!

I posted a parts wanted ad on FABO and received a response from someone referring me to Ashley with a text number. I reached out to Ashley (probably a male thief). She said her husband died and she’s selling the parts. She wanted $275 for the parts I was interested in.
I responded I wasn’t in a hurry and I’d look around for a better price. Right away she said to make her an offer. I made what was a realistic offer of $135. She jumped on it. I said send pics and she said she would but I guess she couldn’t find Internet pics. I said, I can pay USPS Money Order or PayPal. Her response was send money via Zelle. I sensed something smelled since “she” kept texting when she didn’t hear back from me like she had a fish nibbling at her hook. I maintained contact for 5 days wasting her time by asking dumb & ridiculous questions. I did send a $1 to test the waters. She wanted to know when I was going to send the money. I said I sent you $1 since you promised to send pics when you received the money…
I left a lot out because I sensed a thief and kept wasting her/his time. I even called my brother and he loves screwing with thieves and he really wasted his/her time. My brother checked a few days later and the number was disconnected. The real truth came out when I called her/him out as a thief. She/he finally frustrated and pissed attempted to curse me out, but being a foreigner, didn’t know the proper way to curse an American. I noticed my Egyptian friend and the English friends use the word rubbish routinely. He/she used rubbish while cursing me out. So I’m certain they were from another country. So for a $1 I got to jerk and waste a scammer/thieves time over a period of 5 days.
It was worth the buck! Lol

You'd be surprised how many Americans do this. They use the computer because they can move the ip address and that makes it pretty much impossible to find them.
If he got scammed on kikiji it was almost certainly a foreigner

Interesting turn of events.....I filed a police report thinking they would do nothing. A constable called and went through my claim and said as much. He then called back 15 minutes later and said he called the cell # and talked to the guy who made excuses and said he would return my money. We have been texting back and forth but I think he is weaseling. You would think a pro would have just vanished. He says I had his e transfer ability shutdown so he can't return my money. I very much doubt that happened. I'm not sweating the money but if I can make this a hassle for the guy perhaps he will think twice next time. I'm trying to badger the guy a bit and call it entertainment.

Interesting turn of events.....I filed a police report thinking they would do nothing. A constable called and went through my claim and said as much. He then called back 15 minutes later and said he called the cell # and talked to the guy who made excuses and said he would return my money. We have been texting back and forth but I think he is weaseling. You would think a pro would have just vanished. He says I had his e transfer ability shutdown so he can't return my money. I very much doubt that happened. I'm not sweating the money but if I can make this a hassle for the guy perhaps he will think twice next time. I'm trying to badger the guy a bit and call it entertainment.
I'm surprised that he answered the phone as most scammers use a burner phone, I did a little research on these and apparently they don't require any contract, and they already have a number programmed in them and they are supposedly not traceable.

Even scammers want good value and they'll use that phone until it's no longer feasible.

-
Back