Got the 54' home!

-
What a great project. Heck build a hot rod out of it and steal Chuck's truck from him to tow boats and cars with. :-\"

that patina on turqouise is amazing.
Agreed! I don't really want to change it. It needs some pounding out and there's a few cracks in the fenders that need repaired. Check out the old gas weld on the l/r fender! Nice work done at the ranch! Probably used bail wire for rod! Almost want to do the same on the others and keep it period. Again, fun decisions!

Attachments

• 54 Dodge 018.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 54 Dodge 020.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 54 Dodge 021.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 54 Dodge 022.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 98
  • 54 Dodge 023.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 54 Dodge 024.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 54 Dodge 027.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 85
  • 54 Dodge 025.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 93
What a great project. Heck build a hot rod out of it and steal Chuck's truck from him to tow boats and cars with. :-\"

Lol the motor and tranny from my truck is probably going in it! I swapped my 360/4 speed for the 350 to put in the suburban.

Agreed! I don't really want to change it. It needs some pounding out and there's a few cracks in the fenders that need repaired. Check out the old gas weld on the l/r fender! Nice work done at the ranch! Probably used bail wire for rod! Almost want to do the same on the others and keep it period. Again, fun decisions!

I see a subie with a snow plow playing peek a boo lol

So what are you going to put in your truck?

It's gonna be a 3/4 ton trailer. To put behind the suburban. I'm tired of getting stuck on the dirt roads when it rains, so I got the $500 4x4 suburban. Larry had the 72 vette motor in his garage and needed a Mopar sb and I needed a sbc. So I'll drive the burban until I can get my cummins.

It's gonna be a 3/4 ton trailer. To put behind the suburban. I'm tired of getting stuck on the dirt roads when it rains, so I got the $500 4x4 suburban. Larry had the 72 vette motor in his garage and needed a Mopar sb and I needed a sbc. So I'll drive the burban until I can get my cummins.

Cool so does that mean me and Asa can change your name? :-\"

all pre 56 mopars were positive earth (ground)

The trucks were Negative Ground, like a newer vehicle.

Try to hook one up as a Positive Ground (if it still has the wipers, generator, and other accessories hooked up) and it'll throw fire. I know, I tried it by accident once on my '48 :eek:ops: :D

63 Morepar, check out Roberts Motor Parts for parts for your truck, they sell all kinds of parts for the antique mopar cars and trucks. Everything from Upholstery to Suspension components (That includes Glass, Internal Engine Parts, etc).

When I bought a shackle for my '48, I also got a nice catalog from them that was the size of a phonebook.

Whats wrong with 4x4s
Not a thing. I've always owned one or two and any given time. My daily driver is a 08' Nissan Frontier 4x4 which has been a great truck for us. At one point I was making a 4x4 out of a J2000 and a Jeep Cherokee. It got sold for someone else to finish. I want to keep this 2wd. The more I think about it, keeping it relatively stock appearing with the patina and going for the sleeper thing is sounding like the path I may take. Still not sure if I will stick with the semi-hemi or not. The sound of an old low deck hemi like the one Rob has certainly appeals to me as well. But the dollars and cents of a LA engine swap may be the route. Decisions, decisions!

The trucks were Negative Ground, like a newer vehicle.

Try to hook one up as a Positive Ground (if it still has the wipers, generator, and other accessories hooked up) and it'll throw fire. I know, I tried it by accident once on my '48 :eek:ops: :D

63 Morepar, check out Roberts Motor Parts for parts for your truck, they sell all kinds of parts for the antique mopar cars and trucks. Everything from Upholstery to Suspension components (That includes Glass, Internal Engine Parts, etc).

When I bought a shackle for my '48, I also got a nice catalog from them that was the size of a phonebook.
Did you loose any eyebrows?:glasses7: LOL! I still need to pull the starter and inspect it.
Thanks for the reference on Roberts Motors. I just Goggled them and will have to order a catalog for myself. It will take referrals like yours for me to get this project up and rolling. Thanks again man!
Larry

-
Back