Got the 54' home!

-
Congrats on the new-old truck :glasses7:

How much did that baby set you back? If you don't mind me asking.

I picked mine up for 2k in 2010, it had sat since 1977 and only took a couple hours of tinkering to get it running again.

I found it on CL in the Farmington NM although it was in Marvel CO. It was advertised as a 50's Dodge truck. We figured it weighed close to 5,000 with the poly in the bed. All he wanted was the scrap iron value for it and he took $250 for it! He even spent 45 min. in his back hoe with us to help get it loaded! He was happy to see it go to a good home. He even had a story to go with the bullet hole by the back window! Look at the photo, the bullet came from inside the cab! His family owned it from new. Here in CO all I have to do is have him sign a DMV bill of sale, and do a $2.00 vin search. If nothing comes up, which I don't expect since the last tag is CO 1965 they will hand me a title on the spot! The money I saved from the purchase will go right back into it.
74Dusted Sweet 3/4 ton! :thumblef: Very straight. Toss up some more photos for inspiration if you got them!
Larry

Congrats! I'll keep an eye peeled for some windows for you. How did you find that truck?
Thanks for looking for me! Even if you find one whole let me know! I found a complete 54' with glass for $600. Problem is it's in Henry TN. and he won't part it.
Are you ready for the pig roast? Bummed we can't make it this time around:( I'll say a prayer for good weather for you guys! Have Fun!
Larry

Thanks for looking for me! Even if you find one whole let me know! I found a complete 54' with glass for $600. Problem is it's in Henry TN. and he won't part it.
Are you ready for the pig roast? Bummed we can't make it this time around:( I'll say a prayer for good weather for you guys! Have Fun!
Larry

make a road trip, take what you need and tow the rest to a salvage yard where they will sell the usable parts, or set something up so a member buys the rest off of you after you get what you need

I can't at this point plan that kind of a road trip, I wish... or the 6 bills as cheep as it sounds. Timing is everything. It's still for sale and I'll keep watching for others.. maybe closer. We have to deal with firewood now and getting the house & rigs ready for another CO winter! Priority's, my wife reminds me. :prayer: Yes Dear!
Larry

Got the starter to spin but the bendix wont engage. I'll have to pull it off and see what's up. Hopefully it just needs some TLC.

Subscribed!! Should be interesting hunting parts down for that truck..

I see it lowered and scraping the pavement,lol...

I still am not sure if it's pos. or neg. polarity???? I tried it both ways and it just spins free and won't engage. The battery cable from the solenoid has the smaller top post term. on it which leads me to believe it went to the neg. battery post, so I'll pull the starter and find out.

I still am not sure if it's pos. or neg. polarity???? I tried it both ways and it just spins free and won't engage. The battery cable from the solenoid has the smaller top post term. on it which leads me to believe it went to the neg. battery post, so I'll pull the starter and find out.

Hurry up! Soak it in PBR! That'll get it goin!

all pre 56 mopars were positive earth (ground)

You need to buy Rustyratrod 's Hemi engine that is for sale. It will bolt right up, the price is cheaper than you could rebuild the one you have now, was built correct, and would put you F A R closer to driving it than you are now. -Hope this suggestion helps.

You need to buy Rustyratrod 's Hemi engine that is for sale. It will bolt right up, the price is cheaper than you could rebuild the one you have now, was built correct, and would put you F A R closer to driving it than you are now. -Hope this suggestion helps.
Yah, I've been drooling over that ever since he posted it for sale. It would be a perfect fit for my 54'!, but it's not in the cards for me at this time. When I get back to work and off this work comp. crap we'll see if he still has it. I hope he gets it sold because I know he needs it, but if it's still around in a month or two I'll try to snatch it up! I mentioned to Rob my interest in his Hemi, but till I have a hand full of cash it first come. Thanks greymouser7,
Larry

Yah, I've been drooling over that ever since he posted it for sale. It would be a perfect fit for my 54'!, but it's not in the cards for me at this time. When I get back to work and off this work comp. crap we'll see if he still has it. I hope he gets it sold because I know he needs it, but if it's still around in a month or two I'll try to snatch it up! I mentioned to Rob my interest in his Hemi, but till I have a hand full of cash it first come. Thanks greymouser7,
Larry

It would definitely be pretty cool though lol

-
Back