Got the valiant

-

n8ling

Reaction score
So, now I've really got some parts to work with, plus new rubber and pretty nice 5x4.5 rims. This might be an odd ball questions but has anyone out the done a body swap. The entire frame of the car seems good and solid, with one front floor pan rusted out, and I suspect she has a good old leaky roof since 75% of the trunk is nearly gone. I'm just wondering if a body swap is possible......74 swinger to 75 valiant

Its a uni body car so You can swap the body. If the swinger is solid you can use the Valaint for parts though. If it unbolts it will work on the Dart.

You cant really swap bodies..because the frame is composed of the body. You can as Adam said, swap anything that unbolts tho.

if the trunk is gone, its probably a leaky trunk seal? my trunk has a little bit of rust, and i know its because a little bit of the trunk seal is smashed flat. oh, and did you gents know that you can get a new trunk seal from advance autoparts for like $20.. (i work there.. spend a lot of time fiddling in the catalog when nobody is looking)

It's also much easier to replace the sheet metal, than swap everything from one car to another. my $.02 anyways...

I'm finding some bad spots in the frame rails as well, so forget that idea(too much cutting and welding). I've just about got every nut and bolt off the car, just have front susp. and brakes left to go. Will that all come out as one unit minus upper balls, does anyone know? It looks like it does. Anyways gotta get back at her!

unbolt the upper control arm camber bolts, the front shocks from the top, and the 4 K frame bolts, after you remove the torsion bars (with the right tool, otherwise they are junk), and the entire assembly will be free to fall out. (or be carefully lowered ...lol)

-
Back