Gotta get this EBrake reconnected HELP

-

gdizzle

Reaction score
Back at the eBrake cable. 66 \6 ddart with the 9in wheels. What I have replaced: rear rotors, all wheel cylinders, brake hoses, pads, hardware. Also the rear parking break cables , both are the same length and appear to be the same length as the ones I removed. Got it connected to brakes, however reconnecting the long parking brake cable is now impossible. I am about 2 inches too short at the yolk. I even bought a another front ebrake cable (the one that connects to pedal) thinking that the threaded rod would be longer, but it was only 1/2in longer than what I already had. Does anyone have an idea how to lengthen the rod? must be a bolt/screw out there that could thread onto the existing male rod and then give me a few inches to work with?
I know I could cut the cable and then add in a few inches with some cable clamps but would rather not go that route as it may add extra weight to the cable. I could also try to have a new cable made a few inches longer but I am attempting to not drop $$$ on that since my cable is fine. helpppp

I think it is all in the routing. Maybe somebody has a pic they can post of your model.

Turnbuckle nut at home depot, lowes. About an inch long and you can extend using threaded rod.

A pic of the assembled rear brakes with the brake drum removed, would be nice.
I read that you said that both new cables appeared to be the same length as the originals; but, were the inner cables also the same. That is was the extended portion of the inner cables also matching?
I know you dont want to hear this, but, if you cant answer yes to the above question... It's time to remove a cable and check it. Pull the rear portion as far to the rear as possible on both cables (one new, and one old) and lay them side-by-side, with the front balls touching. What do you see?

Hey good news. the turnbuckle did the trick. found one 5/16 which did the trick. of course then the cable was way too long. So we had to cut the cable, and clamp it overlapped the cable almost 4 inches (which means 8 inches shorter)then was able to adjust with the turnbuckle. I have eBrakes again!!!! thanks so much you guys I love you X0.

hey that cable was difficult to cut. ended up using a large bolt cutter.

-
Back