Gotta get this EBrake reconnected HELP

Brakes for your Classic Mopar

1. gdizzle

gdizzle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:03 PM
    Back at the eBrake cable. 66 \6 ddart with the 9in wheels. What I have replaced: rear rotors, all wheel cylinders, brake hoses, pads, hardware. Also the rear parking break cables , both are the same length and appear to be the same length as the ones I removed. Got it connected to brakes, however reconnecting the long parking brake cable is now impossible. I am about 2 inches too short at the yolk. I even bought a another front ebrake cable (the one that connects to pedal) thinking that the threaded rod would be longer, but it was only 1/2in longer than what I already had. Does anyone have an idea how to lengthen the rod? must be a bolt/screw out there that could thread onto the existing male rod and then give me a few inches to work with?
    I know I could cut the cable and then add in a few inches with some cable clamps but would rather not go that route as it may add extra weight to the cable. I could also try to have a new cable made a few inches longer but I am attempting to not drop $$$ on that since my cable is fine. helpppp

2. mguner

mguner How many is too many?

Local Time:
    I think it is all in the routing. Maybe somebody has a pic they can post of your model.

3. mderoy340

mderoy340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:03 PM
    Turnbuckle nut at home depot, lowes. About an inch long and you can extend using threaded rod.

4. mccoymail

mccoymail Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    ��that's what I did

5. bcschief

bcschief Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Maybe you have Valiant cables which would be too short valiant wb is 106" a dart is 111"

Brian

6. AJ/FormS

AJ/FormS 68 B'cuda fb, Form S clone ... 367/A833/3.55s

South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
    Local Time:
    A pic of the assembled rear brakes with the brake drum removed, would be nice.
    I read that you said that both new cables appeared to be the same length as the originals; but, were the inner cables also the same. That is was the extended portion of the inner cables also matching?
    I know you dont want to hear this, but, if you cant answer yes to the above question... It's time to remove a cable and check it. Pull the rear portion as far to the rear as possible on both cables (one new, and one old) and lay them side-by-side, with the front balls touching. What do you see?

7. gdizzle

gdizzle Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey good news. the turnbuckle did the trick. found one 5/16 which did the trick. of course then the cable was way too long. So we had to cut the cable, and clamp it overlapped the cable almost 4 inches (which means 8 inches shorter)then was able to adjust with the turnbuckle. I have eBrakes again!!!! thanks so much you guys I love you X0.

hey that cable was difficult to cut. ended up using a large bolt cutter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.