Gps help needed

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
As I'm doing a project car that I hope to use on long hauls and I will be using a hidden radio I'm wanting to make a plate to cover the existing radio cutouts and put a GPS system of some sort there. It's the plain jane dash with no junk plastic. I will be making the plate as wide as the heater control bezel about 7" and about 3" high. As I am totally stupid when it comes to technology I NEED HELP.
What can I buy that would fit into that space without sticking out don't need anything fancy. Please help me out so I do not have to spend hours researching something I know nothing about

Yup. you need an external antenna. Much of the "cheep stuff" you buy doesn't have a provision. Hell I can remember when cell phones had antennas. REAL ones, I mean!!

46456d1327637635-razr-maxx-round-four-fight-motorolabagbig.jpg

Is it imperative you hide the GPS? The reason I ask is you can get a suction cup mount and stick it to the windshield, and remove it when you don't need it.

Friend used to race off road. I believe the one they used was made by Lowrance, it was a screen in the dash and a remote antennae, hope you got lot-o-cash because from what I remember it was pretty high $$$

The main reason I was thinking a GPS and since I will using a hidden radio is to make use of the area where the radio is I'll post another thread asking suggestions what to do in that area

The only phone I have is land line so that won't work - yes someone that doesn't have a cell phone can you believe it.
Been trying to dump my cell phone but just has not happened yet. Have had the thing for over 2 years and I might have 50 hours of use on it....I only use it on road trips....

-
Back