Grand Spaulding today

-

2shelbys

Reaction score
Here is a Google Earth shot of the site of Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge:

GrandSpaulding.jpg

Barry has some excellent ground-level shots on his website :

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/photos-dealerships.shtml

Im surprised nobody has purchased and made a museum out of it yet, from the photos it looks like it needs to be demolished.

gs1.jpg

just think where mopar would have been now if he had been the president over dodge,chrysler,plymouth. ford and chevy would have went out of business in the mid to late 70's, couldn't got no better than that
:lol:

I hope someone does preserve it. It is a very important part of a uniquely American era. Mr. Norm also supplied all of the fleet vehicles for Chicago government. It should be on the Registry of Historical Landmarks.

I have been in that neighborhood before, lets just say that you should not leave any vehicle parked near there you value without a pitbull chained to it.

flyboy01 said:
I have been in that neighborhood before, lets just say that you should not leave any vehicle parked near there you value without a pitbull chained to it.

We got lotsa neighborhoods like that in NYC :twisted:

The sad reality is sometimes fond memories are better than the harsh truth. Ever see that hot girl you dated years ago after marriage and 6 kids? I had that happen recently, and boy.... are MY memories shattered :(

Wouldn't it be possible to start a historical foundation and preserve it the way it is? The membership will include X number of hour to work on the house. Then some can do practical work and some raise funds and try to bring back some nice memorabilia. What'a place!

any one have some pictures of the rest of the property? everyone photographs the corner, but i would like to see alot more. what about the legendary service department?

-
Back