Grandma's Comment "Oh that is ugly!"

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
FOR SALE BY AUCTION at EG. Auctions on April 21st at the Abbotsford Tradex Convention Center. $18 000 Starting bid.
383 Magnum. B n' M shifter and shift reprogramming kit. Posi. rear end. Power windows, Power steering, Power brakes. 15" Aluminum rims.
New tires, windshield, carb. and ball joints. Blue exterior.
Odometer reads 44 758 miles

If you can't see the pictures let me know and I'll host them myself!

Wait for it... you'll know what my grandma was talking about.... :D

6750el_20.jpeg

68044kc_20.jpeg

5326fkn_20.jpeg

70203nb_20.jpeg

8495892_20.jpeg

0230dek_20.jpeg

64945b5_20.jpeg

let me guess, shackles, slapper bars, knock offs , crushed velvet diamond tuck, black spray bombed engine bay? close ? LOL

That's a cool old build. That's how they did um back in the day.

That's a cool old build. That's how they did um back in the day.

What "day" was that, and where was it? I've been into Mopars here in SoCal since the late '60s and the only place you'd see an interior like that would be down in the 'hood somewhere - and you'd never see that stuff in a Mopar, only in a Chevy, or maybe now a mid-80s Olds Cutlass.

Yep; Gotta love them babe cushions!!!!!

I've seen plenty of them fixed up like that down here. I wouldn't do the cushion stuff...but all the rest was in vogue at one time or another.

back in the day, the 70s street machine street scene was huge. kelly supercharger N50 15 meats, pizza cutters, side pipes, tilt front ends, traction bars, ladder bars, straight axles, dual quads, blowers, fender flares, custom metallic paint jobs, the whole bit. slotted mags, 15x10 and 12" wide cragars S/S's, spoilers, shackled and air shocked cars jacked to the moon, those were the days. the custom van scene was just as popular, if not more so.

he's just asking high as a start price so he can be talked down a little

It's an auction and that is the opening bid and the reserve. It will sell. If it runs, drives, and rust free it'll probably get there.

A running, driving, 70 Charger than needed a full resto sold for $15,000. Another '70 Charger that was running yet not driveable and needed full resto sold for $10,000.

:violent1:Looks like a padded cell inside, and as one of the official 60's guys on here it screams DORK! Slapper bars?? That car just ain't right! It is a good place to start. 18,000 will buy you a nice ride in todays market, I'll pass. Back in the day my butt.

-
Back