"Graveyard Carz"...any fans here?

-
Anyone ever notice, when they fire up their engines on their run stand? They don't ever break their cams in. Quite a few times, they crank and crank before they fire, no 2,000 rpm for 20 minutes. Wonder how that works for them. I would imagine they do the cam break-ins off camera. But to me, that is something that people need to see.

Anyone ever notice, when they fire up their engines on their run stand? They don't ever break their cams in. Quite a few times, they crank and crank before they fire, no 2,000 rpm for 20 minutes. Wonder how that works for them. I would imagine they do the cam break-ins off camera. But to me, that is something that people need to see.
I'll bet those engines are run-in on a dyno by whoever actually builds them. I mean, really, would you trust "Cousin Dougie" to build your engines for "real"?

They've shown the break in before, usually it's just a clip of them setting the rpms and a few seconds of it running. Now they show the start up and that the engine runs, and do the break in without showing it on screen.

Think cousin Dougie is bad? Should have seen some of the machinists I've worked with, they make him look like an Ivy League graduate.

I just watched this last night (saved to DVR).
I thoroughly enjoyed it. After seeing nearly every episode I've learned to bypass Mark's off-the-wall sense of humor and concentrate on the work being done. I've been waiting a long time to see the Demon project get rolling in earnest and learned some stuff about Mr. Norm's I did not know. My first Duster was a Mr. Norm's car.
As for Cousin Dougie...sure. He has built a lot of engines since he became a regular there on GYC. Even if he is a Space Cadet...
Whether you like Mark or hate him, GYC is still the best Mopar show on TV. Ever.

I have known Mark since before the first episode of graveyard cars and like I've said before always found him to be very personable and just a regular guy. The jabbing and smart-*** comments are all just part of the drama believe it or not a lot of people like that he told me that himself and that's what the producers wanted. I think one of the reasons they don't worry about breaking cams in much is most of that is factory replacement spec springs which are stiff but a lot easier on cam lobes than springs that are needed to control fast rate cams of today.

-
Back