grease fitting uca bushing

-

hobbsza

Reaction score
would it be possible to install a grease fitting for uca bushings? I installed poly bushing about a year ago and I used the grease pst send during the first install and that lasted about 6months so I took it all apart and regreased with the blue marine grease. now they are back to squeaking. and I like the way they feel so im looking for a solution other than replacing them with rubber lol

We put aluminum bushing in my Demon bracket car, but I have tubular UCA's. We ground a spiral in the aluminum bushings, drilled the control arms, & tapped them for grease fittings. I hope this helps you, a good machinist can probably help you out.

There is a delrin material with graphite in it, but you might have to make your own bushings from it.

so there would be no way to modify the stock uca to accept some kind of grease fitting?

so there would be no way to modify the stock uca to accept some kind of grease fitting?

I'm sure you can. You'd need to to find a way to channel the grease to the ends too.

When you torque them down, did you do it with the suspension loaded?

no, I let it down with them loose and then did my alignment. im doing everything correct as far as I know, but I guess im obviously missing something or it wouldn't be creaking and squeaking lol when the bushing started squeaking should I have just replaced them?

-
Back