Great days of fuel prices

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Dang, I love these days ......filling up the dart for $31.00

I can get used to this ....even I doubt it will last .....but I am not going to worry about that and enjoy it to the max while these days are here.

I stopped looking at the price years ago, I have to run 93 all the time. Drive my car every day. I admit that lately I am hitting the go pedal off every light.

The Gooberment is already talking about adding $1.00 a gallon highway tax to it. SINCE IT'S SO LOW. Go figure !!

well I only pay attention to how much it takes to fill up the dart because its my office and I usually have to fill up once a week with all the mileage from job related treks :???:

sure is nicer than it was before

It's nice, but it also pisses me off at the same time.
They will force the price lower to screw another country, but not so that it's own people don't get raped at the pumps to make some exec rich.

AND that they will trash peoples jobs to screw another country economy wise.

Just one more red flag that they don't give a **** one about us, and that it's all about the politics of the powerful.

Not nice to be talking about filling up your Dart when we are living in the great white north and our cars are put away for the winter!! LOL

John I have some snow tires that I could lend you if you really want to take your Dart out for a spin. Let me know. Bobby

I almost feel like I can afford to cruise around now with no real destination .....just take the long way home or just run into town for some sight seeing around town

$1.81 here and naturally it's the dead of winter and I have the Cuda all taken apart. Filled the Dakota up the other day for $26 and it was nearly bone dry. I can't even remember when I was able to fill it up that cheap last. A year ago it costs nearly $60 to fill it

Lance said it right about it being like getting a raise.

Has anyone looked at their 401k since gas prices have fallen?!? I could buy you all a tank of gas with the money I've lost in the last month and still have enough left over to finish my car. I'll take higher gas prices now over eating peanut butter when I retire.

Has anyone looked at their 401k since gas prices have fallen?!? I could buy you all a tank of gas with the money I've lost in the last month and still have enough left over to finish my car. I'll take higher gas prices now over eating peanut butter when I retire.

Well that sucks.:protest:

agree w/ trail beast !! politicians will prob. raise taxes on it. if they do VOTE AND FIRE EVERY ONE OF THEM !!

The nice thing about the 401k is the money your putting in now while everythings depressed tends to buy you more shares for the dollar spent. So when everything goes up, guess what your 401k shows more.

Also as long as you resist the urge to pull it all out right now and ride it out, you havent lost anything. You have lost value per share of your investments, but not the shares themselves. This is cyclic, things will go back up.

I am taking the opportunity now to load my 401k while the value of everything is depressed.

Just a thought
Matt

These are the "great days of fuel prices" :glasses7:

Attachments

• nelson.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 143
  • gas7.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 133
If you adjust for inflation, gas is cheaper now than it was when I graduated high school ($129.9 35ish years ago) and still cheaper than when it dipped below $1.00 a few years later (1986, I remember going, "Wow! Gas (in So Cal) is under $1.00!"

If my memory is correct, I think when I was a kid, my folks got gas for around 29.9 c/gal around 1970? (Maybe that was 'gas war pricing'?) if so, then gas is in the same effective neighborhood now.

This is a pretty good time to own a gas guzzler! :)

I am just driving and fillin up like I always do. I try not to worry about trouble before it happens. Got enough on my plate without worryin about stuff out of my control.

Besides, nothing is really in "my control" anyway.

The nice thing about the 401k is the money your putting in now while everythings depressed tends to buy you more shares for the dollar spent. So when everything goes up, guess what your 401k shows more.

Also as long as you resist the urge to pull it all out right now and ride it out, you havent lost anything. You have lost value per share of your investments, but not the shares themselves. This is cyclic, things will go back up.

I am taking the opportunity now to load my 401k while the value of everything is depressed.

Just a thought
Matt

You're a glass half full kind of guy aren't you?!? Lol I understand how a 401k works, I've been maxing out my contributions for twenty years now. It just bugs me a little that everyone is singing "Happy Days Are Here Again" and I've lost almost 15% of the value of my shares and wiped out all of the gains that were made earlier in the year. Luckily, I still have another fifteen years before retirement to make it all back up.

BrianT - you must be doing pretty good! You could buy 30,000 members a tank of gas and have money left over... At $30 a pop that is $900,000. And that was 15% of your 401, so you must have had, like, $6 million!!!
I just checked my 401. I have more in it today than when I retired 6 months ago and contributions stopped. Maybe you have too much concentration in petroleum stocks. And my funds are primarily in common stocks.
Just sayin'
C

If they had kept going north like they were, everything would have gotten so dang expensive, we could never afford to retire. I have noticed groceries are coming down too, finally. However, for some reason motor oil is holding its value. Go figure!

BrianT - you must be doing pretty good! You could buy 30,000 members a tank of gas and have money left over... At $30 a pop that is $900,000. And that was 15% of your 401, so you must have had, like, $6 million!!!

I wish. I meant every member who's expressing happiness over cheap gas in these threads that keep popping up. Lol I do have a percentage of my investments in energy stocks, and when prices go back up (and you know they will) hopefully I'll get some of my gains back.

My fortune cookie tonight said "Don't worry about the stock market. Invest in family" I thought that was pretty appropriate given my current situation.

-
Back