Green painted water pump?

-

RSie

Idiot In Training
Reaction score
Were any mopar engines painted this color? I found this in a box from when I parted out a '76 motor home a few years ago. Looks like it's been used by the gasket material scraped off on the back side, but seems good.. bearings seem fine. I don't know if it's factory paint.. some kind of industrial pump?

IMGP8375-1.jpg

IMGP8380-1.jpg

That's not green, that's turquoise. You're colorblind. lol But yes, that was a stock color.

I've never seen a small block painted turquoise before but lots of big blocks from mid 60 to about 70 were painted that colour. Maybe there was some small blocks that were painted turquoise but I haven't seen it.

Engine Colors

According to this chart 69 340s could have been turquoise. I remember a thread with a member that worked on the line and said to have seen them in all 3 colors haha. Red, blue and turquoise.

Engine Colors

According to this chart 69 340s could have been turquoise. I remember a thread with a member that worked on the line and said to have seen them in all 3 colors haha. Red, blue and turquoise.

I never worked on the line, but I've seen all three colors on original 340s. And actually, I've seen more turquoise 340s than the other two colors. I've even seen what was "supposed" to be an original race hemi orange 340........but we had our doubts about that one.

Every 340 I had (3) were red. One was painted Street hemi orange by me.. just because it was a 340 and everyone expects to see a 340 in Orange...(?) the other red ones were my first in 1985, and one that I got in a storage unit rescue.." Hey, my unit is gonna get padlocked at midnight and I'm in Washington... go get what you can!" turns out it was already .060 over and O-ringed so it was a little tough to sell.

My orginal1970 dart swinger 340 was hemi orange engine paint.
340 going back in my '67 valiant will probably be red.

I’ve seen marine smallblocks painted that color. Can you tell if it’s a reverse rotation pump?

Thanks all for the replies. I don't know what this is from, I think it was in a box in a '76 motorhome I parted out. I need to look up the part number.

-
Back