Greetings from Denver

-

JSTEW

Reaction score
New to the board obviously and would like to ask for some assistance identifying a carb. Thanks.

Welcome to FABO.I suggest you put up some more info. Also ,given your location get to meet Ramcharger Joe.Never meet a nicer guy,who has a vast knowledge of Mopar and cars in general,hell go see him,he might have a beer for ya,lol.8)

Thanks for the assist. I will definitely put up some info on the vehicle and carb in question. just wanted to post in the right place.

Welcome, from your southern neighbor.

Jim

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the net! There's a few Coloradoans on the board (I used to live in Canon City and my mom still does).

Go ahead and post your question ... opening threads always get good attention, and chances are good one of the Welcoming Committee will know the answer and save ya the trouble. :-D

Make yourself at home!

Welcome to the best darn site going for tec help and enjoying the builds going on here :thumleft:
So pull up a chair when you can because some of the best of the best are here.
It's good to see another member jump in from Colorado :happy10:

Welcome, from just a little east of you. Ask away, someone here knows.

Thanks all. I'm new to CO and somewhat new to MOPAR and even newer to slants. Posted my question in another forum but got no responses so I'll give it another go. Need help ID'in this... thanks in advance for any help.
518add2b.jpg
[/IMG]

Most slant sixes were given a single one-barrel carburetor
standard carburetors used by Chrysler for North American applications (different setups were used outside North America):
1960-1971: Carter BBS one-barrel
1962-1972: Holley 1920 one-barrel
1963 only: Stromburg WA-3 one-barrel
1974-1980: Holley 1945 one-barrel
1981-1987: Holley 6145 feedback one-barrel
1976-1981: Carter BBD two-barrel

S'got Carter stamped on the side. Can I just switch this out to a 1920 and avoid headaches with ID'ing and rebuilding? Also could use some help figuring out what size motor this car's got. Like I said, I'm somewhat green to slants so I apologize in advance for any thick headed questions.

Most slant sixes were given a single one-barrel carburetor
standard carburetors used by Chrysler for North American applications (different setups were used outside North America):
1960-1971: Carter BBS one-barrel
1962-1972: Holley 1920 one-barrel
1963 only: Stromburg WA-3 one-barrel
1974-1980: Holley 1945 one-barrel
1981-1987: Holley 6145 feedback one-barrel
1976-1981: Carter BBD two-barrel

10-4, thanks for the heads up, demon.

-
Back