Greetings from So.Cal.

-
Thanks again to all for such a warm welcome. You guys (and gals) have
some fine looking Mopars! I see some of you are from right here in the
Inland Empire. Any of you into drag racing? Too bad about the Speedway
in Fontana having to close their strip. Do any of you run at Erwindale?
I've heard talk of another track in the works in Perris CA.
Just curious,
fixnfab

There was a few threads on that a while back. Still hoping Fontana will open back up. Would be nice if they put in a track at Perris. Would be a 1/4 from what I here. I took my Dart up to LACR a few times. Was just getting in to it when they closed. Working on another Drag car now to do some bracket racing so would be nice to have a track or two to run it at when it is done. Or I should say if it ever is done. LOL

A 1/4 mile track in Perris would be great as long as they consider plenty of shut down
at the end. The 1/8 mile track that was out there was crazy for the faster cars. I was there one Friday night when a guy blew through the traps and couldn't slow down in time. Thank goodness for the saftey baracade at the end. He came out OK. Not sure
if his car ever drove the same. Unfortunately, I think it was a Mopar.
Good luck with your race car project Burnt Orange 70. Remember, a thousand mile journey begins with a single step. A wise man told me that once.

A 1/4 mile track in Perris would be great as long as they consider plenty of shut down at the end.

Hey fixnfab -
I attended both planning meetings so far for Perris Dragway. At the last meeting we were told there isn't enough room to meet the NHRA requirements for shutdown length for a 1/4 mile track. A suggestion was made to possibly have the track run at 3 different lengths depending on the E.T. of the car running: 1/8-mile for the fastest, 1000-feet for the next quickest, and 1/4-mile for the slowest cars. The final decision hasn't yet been made.
Check out www.perrisdragway.com for the latest information.

Hey fixnfab -
I attended both planning meetings so far for Perris Dragway.

Thanks for the update ocdart!
I have faith that this new track in Perris will happen. I guess we should
start a new thread on this subject as things develop.
SE YA AT THE RACES, :burnout:
fixnfab

-
Back