Greetings from the Midwest

-

JohnnyRotten

Reaction score
Hi FABO,

Sold my '70 Challenger R/T cuz it was trying to wrap us around telephone poles and get our license taken away.

5 burn-out free years later I decided that putting a built 440 in a '67 Dart Gt made a lot of sense. :tard:

Project is under way and I'll probably be needing help, suggestions and parts.

Photo0374.jpg

Johnny

Nice ride bro, nice! Welcome aboard .... and back into the MoPar world.

Welcome aboard Johnny! I couldn't go for five years without a burn out either -- I don't blame ya one bit for the big block idea. :-D Make yourself at home.

Welcome to FABO JohnnyRotten!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

If you can find the time, would like to see some more pictures of your car. We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery of all my Mopars

Attachments

• DSC06136.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 100
Enablers!........thank you all for the welcome.

Some more pix and info.

California car with 53K, unmolested survivor. Owned by an old lady....really.

Been in Mn a couple years, PO pulled the top end off the 273 and then croaked.

No one knows where the parts are, works for me.....

Putting a 440 I had built ~25 years ago that had all the best parts available put into it. To date it, many were Direct Connection.

'69 Six Pak motor with forged TRW flat tops, 509 cam, ported 906 heads with big stainless valves, Hemi springs, HV-HP oil pump, DC ignition conversion, M1 intake with a 3310....and so on.

It's at the machine shop getting disassembled, cleaned and gone through as we speak. Had some bugs in it....literally.

Got a race prepped 727 waiting with a high stall converter and a 4:10 Dana 60 posi out of a B body ready to go.

Just found a mint pair of upper control arms for a disc conversion.

Aside from turning in the real fender well lip, not gonna cut anything. Will add sub frame connectors.

Gonna remove the vinyl top and go with the original QQ1 Dark Red Poly paint. That will be getting started in about a month.

Losing the rally wheels and going steel / red line dog dish. Keeping all the nice trim/brightwork.

Thinking about some black stripes that are not stock but look like they could be.

Maybe a couple rallye stripes down the hood, top and deck lid, something different.

Still need to lay down for the headers, adapters, drive shaft and a lotta little stuff but am well on my way.

Not building a show car, just a functional and reliable street brawler. Nothing that hasn't already been done before but it would be mine.

Would like to drive it before the snow flies next winter.

Johnny

IMAG0361.jpg

Photo0375.jpg

Photo0376.jpg

Photo0413.jpg

Photo0414.jpg

Photo0423-1.jpg

Welcome aboard from the mitten state! Keep us posted with lots of pics of your progress!
Great looking Dart you've got!

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back