Greetings:

-

Slob

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm Rob Swallows from Farmington, IL and have a 1968 Formula "S" Barracuda which is all original if I'd ever put it back together. Other than that all is as built from Plymouth with the exception of normal wear items. I rebuilt the engine in April, 1996 at 340K on the clock and never reinstalled it into the car...... Just another project on the back burner being saved for retirement which is at any time.

I been in the collision repair industry for several years of my adult life, (40+) so maybe I'll be able to help a few folks out with their projects. I was repairing these cars myself as a young man when they were still an everyday driver so been around them a while. Mine, I've owned since April, 1976 so it's a part of my family and turned down far too many offers to sale through the years to remember, so no need to start now.

Looking forward to interacting with like minded individuals.

"Slob" was my nickname when in the Navy. It's stuck for a lot of years and I respond to it as well as "Rob".

Thanks,

Rob

Thank you for your service and welcome to FABO! The tech archives and sticky notes are great resources here and the people are great!

Welcome-- great nickname!!

As always you have to post a picture of your ride running or not!! Look around you will find a plethora of differing opinions on this site, Lawrence

Welcome to the neighborhood, good to see another old timer join.

Lots of things to read lying around on the floor here.

Bruce

Welcome aboard. I know what you mean about being around these cars when they were everyday drivers. I can remember when you could buy one from someones front lawn with a 'For Sale' sign on it for 150 -200 bucks, still in pretty decent shape, throw a plate on it and drive.

Welcome to FABO!
So, are you really a slob, or is that just a play on words?
Please post some pictures of your living room and your car.
lol.....

Hi there and thanks for the welcomes. Actually I'm not really a "slob" at all but most everybody in the Navy has a nickname or handle they go by and I was blessed with this one after trying to facilitate repairs to an aircraft radar system and had books, prints, and about three chassis assemblies torn apart and all over the shop out in the middle of the ocean. We were ramping up to bomb Libya and needed all radars working. Wasn't too bad till the ship hit a very large wave at high speed sending shock waves throughout knocking over several cups of coffee and making a mess of everything. It was just about then the division chief walked through the door holding his head after bashing it on the bulkhead, (wall) from the same wave, seen the mess, and called me an effn slob; the name stuck. I'll have to unbury my old car in the garage it's been setting in for over a dozen years and snap a photo. It truly is a "garage find" although I've known it's been there all these years. I've not had the time, nor desire for several years to work with it as have been busy with a lot of other things and ventures/adventures. As I near retirement, I'm finding the interest rekindling a bit. When this car was given to me by the original owner after pestering him for years, I swore I'd never sell it; so far the word has been kept. Sure wish he were still around but dioxin got him from military service is southeast Asia. I didn't join up to get a few questions answered, a few parts acquired, a few stories swapped, or anything to serve my own purposes only to disappear. I'm planning to stick around a while. Reading some of the posts here is seemingly quite a few old timers whom have been around some time. This in itself is appealing to me. Thanks for listening/reading. Slob

-
Back