Grey or Blue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
previews1-20130121-054120.png

Wow I'm torn now. It looks so good in both color. The blue was my original idea, however , the grey looks tough too.

For me it would depend on the color of grey. If your looking at slate grey non metallic like in the picture,I would say no. But if your looking at a charcoal metallic grey and want that street thrasher look . Thats would look killer.just 2 cents.
Tim

I voted blue but grey works as well, just make sure its darker and not light like primer and definitely metallic.

I have a B5 blue Dart but have always liked the "Grey w/black interior look"...
and as others have stated- depends on shade of grey

For me it would depend on the color of grey. If your looking at slate grey non metallic like in the picture,I would say no. But if your looking at a charcoal metallic grey and want that street thrasher look . Thats would look killer.just 2 cents.
Tim

Was thinking dark dark gun metal grey. I told the guy darker he misunderstood.

I study people's habits/body launguage at the car shows and for some reason they will walk by grey, white and monitone cars that are much nicer to check out the high impact color cars. When the people's choice comes in it seems to go for the high impact color cars too.

Since you put it that way I have to agree. My dart is red and yes it gets a lot of looks at shows.

That is a great point. Flashy Wheels High Impact Colors Attract Attention. I will have to seriously mull this over because I'm getting both colors as a option from many people. Women seem bent on the Blue. Men are saying Grey.

I thought we were going to do a Civil War history poll from the thread title - LOL
So, along those lines, since you're in Illinois I guess it better be blue.

Seriously, both look good and both have their benefits and drawbacks. Ultimately the decision is yours since it's your money and your car. The finished product needs to please you - nobody else.
My '69 Dart is going to be Viper Red with a custom white bumblebee stripe. More people may opt for a black stripe; most people would probably choose a different color. But I don't care as my build is meant for me.
Choose what it is that you like.

I thought we were going to do a Civil War history poll from the thread title - LOL
So, along those lines, since you're in Illinois I guess it better be blue.

Seriously, both look good and both have their benefits and drawbacks. Ultimately the decision is yours since it's your money and your car. The finished product needs to please you - nobody else.
My '69 Dart is going to be Viper Red with a custom white bumblebee stripe. More people may opt for a black stripe; most people would probably choose a different color. But I don't care as my build is meant for me.
Choose what it is that you like.

That's the thing I really like both colors that's why I posted the poll. I'm seriously torn here because I want the car to look bad a$$ but also appeal to a large audience so people will look at it at shows and see everything I have done to it.

I think the car looks best in gray and if you want bada$$ the gray wins hands down to me. The blue makes it look like the bumpers need to be chrome but the gray not so much. Also the black stripe looks better on gray but if you are having the stripe painted on have you considered a "ghost" stripe being just a shade or 2 lighter than the body? If its gonna be tape then not.

As much as I love silver/grey, lately I feel it's starting to get overdone like red and black cars. I originally wanted to paint my Dart like Eleanor from Gone in 60 Seconds, but after seeing it so much and on every car in every magazine and online, I'm personally going to stick with a metallic white whenever I decide to repaint my car.

Not sure why, but I don't care for Darts in grey. Deep blue.
On the rendering I'd like to see the wheel area lightened up so you can see more detail.

it's your dream car john. if you let somebody else decide the color it won't be and you won't be happy. if the body work is dead on and the paint is executed properly you will get your looks

-
Back