Grill and Bumper Support Bracket Identification Help

-

Jomba

Reaction score
I have recently acquired a running 1966 Plymouth Barracuda 273 with the Small Block V8. Overall in good condition but needs some engine maintenance and some gasket replacements. That all being said, I am in need of help identifying a part, hopefully name and OEM number. My particular vehicle looks to have had a fender bender in the past that broke this support. It bolts on beneath the hood latch mechanism and runs down in front of the radiator and attaches to and supports the grill and down to the bumper. Attached is some pictures of the part UNBROKEN that I have found online BUT I can't seem to identify it other than visually. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. It should be noted that this is my first "restore", so I am new to this realm of mechanics.

Screenshot_20230808_084637_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230808_084543_eBay.jpg

It's the vertical support bracket that attaches the upper cross bar, stone deflector and bottom airshield. The only number I see is stamped into this piece is SS03901.

IMG_3989.JPG

It's the vertical support bracket that attaches the upper cross bar, stone deflector and bottom airshield. The only number I see is stamped into this piece is SS03901.

View attachment 1716124953
*UPDATE*
The "SS03901" number is not pulling up anything. When I search "lock vertical support" I get some results but only for years up to 1965 that from 1970 and up so I'm kind of at a loss because all of those options are very different from the one i need.

The one stamped on mine is "SS05001" which didn't pull up any helpful results...I'll look into the number you have provided and update.

Last edited:
That number is probably a stamping/production number. I may have that part but would have to do some digging around. You could also post in the classified section / parts wanted and will probably get some feedback. 66 Valiant and Barracuda cross brace and vertical support are the same so you may get a few offers.

-
Back