grill paint

-

340 swing

340swing
Reaction score
Has anybody painted a 1970 dart grill? If so how do you tape off the black. Any good idea's or helpful hints.

Im in the process right now what i did i sprayed the whole grill silver and then taped it off(the silver) for me i didnt want to tape off the black that would have been alot of tape and time to mask off the black can send pics if you would like.
mike

I did the same a couple months back. I got auto body detailing tape in (I think) 1/4 inch, or maybe 1/8 inch. That worked great for the thin argent silver areas. Other tan that a few sharp blades and a solid morning of time!! Good luck, Ed

All I have to say is have a whole lot of patience when you do it. I havent done it but I can imagine it being a long and tedious thing to do. Just take your time and don't try and skip corners or rush it, bad things happen, haha.

Paint the silver first. Mask it off then paint the black. There is no special way. You just got to take the time to do it. Patience is key.

Dart.jpg

it takes about 3 days to do it, or at least it took me 3 days. maybe about 6-7 hours total. it is very slow work, but worth it......

-
Back