grill resto

-

Ironmike

Reaction score
Have a '71 Demon and want to refinish my grill. Wondering if anyone knows the correct colors and where I can get the paint.
Thanks!

That's what I was thinking, but dark argent, light argent....didn't know of a vendor either. Not sure which black for the top that's exposed underhood.
Hope somebody knows of a source.

I used sem products color-coat #1508 silver
they have a rattle can # 15083 and I just used
a semi gloss black looks and has held up very
good.Is it 100% correct - who knows and cares

I used rattle can silver and satin black and it looks factory.

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

DSC00021 (Custom).JPG

Check out Totally Auto if you're worried about correctness as far as the argent. The satin black is pretty much satin black.

Check out the Rustoleum texture paint in "Nickel". It's a good replacement for the light argent paint. I used that on my grill and it looks very good, and has a nice texture to it. Don't know how close to original it is, but who can really tell these days?

How did you guys prep the grill and headlight bezels before applying the paint? Is it OK to spray the whole thing argent then tape and spray certain sections black (over the top of the argent)?

maybe mopar muscle wheel paint.
..it is correct for the shark tooth grills but not sure about demon?

Yeah, I think I'll use the Mopar wheel paint and black paint. It seems there are three options - paint, or sand and polish to bright shine, sand and prep for anodizing.

If you paint, what kind of prep is needed on the metal? Just clean it up and spray or sand it down then spray?

-
Back