Grill restoration company's? (pics)

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are places that can straighten fix repair my Barracuda surrounds or is it just better to keep looking for some that are in better shape? Some of the studs are broke off also.

Mine aren't in the best A-1 shape but was wondering what would be the best alternative.

DSC01621.jpg

DSC00793.JPG

Dana Price
NWBarracudas Parts & Trim Restorations
971-645-9063

Its all about money. If you want them restored may as well go total professional restore like anobrite / All Trim ? Surely you've seen their work and pricing on ebay.
If you only want to replace all the studs and may them look much better at home, it can be done. Dings can be massaged out but even those pros buff completely through the aluminum when trying to remove deep scratches.
They sell those at a discount on ebay and fail to mention the crack they made will grow. Vibration causes this and the only way to stop it is drill a small hole at both ends of the crack.
I rework my own with decent results. I admit I have bought complete grills off ebay and mix / matched pieces then stored or sold the remains.

Look at the pic I found on AllTrim web page. 67-69 Barracuda surrounds! Why do I get the feeling that if I called them and asked how much they are I would be wasteing their time! LOL!

67_8bcassys1.jpg

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong here........

Wasn't 67 the only year for the anodized aluminum surrounds? 68's and 9's all look to be chromed instead of anodized.......Correct?

If so, they're probably not aluminum........Don't know.......somebody speak up here.........

Question.......Are 68's and 9's the same in configuration as the 67's? Are they interchangeable? :read2:

69's are a one year only deal. They're a one piece deal, where as the 67's and 68's are a two piece deal. They're all aluminum.

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong here........

Wasn't 67 the only year for the anodized aluminum surrounds? 68's and 9's all look to be chromed instead of anodized.......Correct?

If so, they're probably not aluminum........Don't know.......somebody speak up here.........

Question.......Are 68's and 9's the same in configuration as the 67's? Are they interchangeable? :read2:

In order to interchange 67 to 68 or viceversa there are two brackets that have to changed out on each bezel.

Look in the above picture I posted. The bezel with the wide black part (where the turn signal mounts) is a 67. The ones with the narrow part are 68 and maybe 69.

Everything about the 69 is different from 67&8 . Some of the 67&8 pieces are interchangable but nort all.
The grilles I'm running now are 67/8 hybrids. Bacicly 67 with 68 plastic inserts. That wasn't easy. The 68 plastics were broken anyway so why not. 67 inserts could go back in.
parklampb4andafter.jpg

-
Back