Grill restoration

-

ECMJim

Reaction score
Hello, Does anyone know or can recommend someone who can restore a set of Grill's on a 1967 Barracuda convertible.

To do them correct they need to be disassembled and reassembled using the correct tubular rivets. There are grilles here for parts if needed. Also we have nice grills. How bad is the surround as far a damage? Do you need the rims repaired or just polished? I believe we have some nice grilles here. Just finished one. pictures of what you have to work with.

100_0072.JPG

100_0060.JPG

Not sure if @partsmonsta restores grilles I know I have seen some listed before for sale and they looked real nice
He restored the grilles and surrounds for our ‘67. They look great. I have been asked where I “found” grilles that looked that good. Based on our experience, I would recommend him.

I had mine done by Rene Garcia, he is in Guadalajara Mexico. Mine were pretty bad but they look like brand new now. It took awhile, I received them back in about 6 months after I shipped them from Michigan to Mexico but they look great and the price a few years ago was great also. Here are a few before and after pictures. Also there is another member on here that restores grills and other parts, his work looks very nice also he goes by cuda67man. You might want to contact him also.

159.JPG

163.JPG

165.JPG

171.JPG

172.JPG

173.JPG

He restored the grilles and surrounds for our ‘67. They look great. I have been asked where I “found” grilles that looked that good. Based on our experience, I would recommend him.
Bob; Glad to hear everything worked out great for you with your 67 Cuda.
I know how thorough of a resto job you did on that car, so it is nice to be a part of it.
Had a good time working with you at Garlits a coupla years ago.
Not many Mopar Guys make the trek from Texas to Florida to check out the Mopar action and pick up their redone Grilles. Just think how expensive it would be to embark on that same journey today with these ridiculous Diesel prices.
------------------------------------
Post a pic of your finished Fish or email us one, please. Love to see the final pics of our Customers' Cudas.

Zink-David-68-Cuda.jpg

Bob; Glad to hear everything worked out great for you with your 67 Cuda.
I know how thorough of a resto job you did on that car, so it is nice to be a part of it.
Had a good time working with you at Garlits a coupla years ago.
Not many Mopar Guys make the trek from Texas to Florida to check out the Mopar action and pick up their redone Grilles. Just think how expensive it would be to embark on that same journey today with these ridiculous Diesel prices.
------------------------------------
Post a pic of your finished Fish or email us one, please. Love to see the final pics of our Customers' Cudas.

View attachment 1716014580
Our 67 is going to the interior and top shop very soon, then back to body shop for some minor tweaks. I will post photos and send you some then.

Now, stay out of the hurricanes and get everybody at the Horse Farm and Garlits on the same page.

Yes, partsmonsta is still here on FABO.
We have opted to refrain from advertising here on FABO.
Our success has spawned many "weekend restorers" who massively undercut us to get the work here on FABO.
Seems everybody wants to resto BarraCuda Grilles these days and a cheaper price is just too alluring for FABO members and they fall for it.
We get really tired of repairing "weekend restorer" Grille work, as it is tuff to do. Joints are misaligned, aluminum has been ground down razor thin and bondo is a ***** to remove, requiring multiple coats of paint remover. Paint remover that is half as effective as it was five years ago.
If I go on in detail, this post will be deleted, as all have been done in the past.

Fortunately for us, we're busier than ever with orders from Garlits, FMA and more. We still advertise successfully, but not here.

We are currently concentrating on BarraCuda Grille/Panel resto only. No more Darts, as we cannot obtain cores anymore. We used to trek up to Carlisle to get cores but cannot make the trip anymore due to high diesel prices.

FRED-CUDA-07.jpg

@partsmonsta Do you do other grills as well? 70 Challenger for example?
The 70 and 72 up Challenger Grilles are being reproduced, so it would be a more economical route for you to go. +++++ We DO resto the 71s BLACK RT OR DARK ARGENT GRAY STOCK.
We were doing so many of these Grilles and Headlight Bezels (70/71) back in the early 2000s, they decided to repro them. However, we must advise you to avoid the repro 70/71 Challenger Headlight Bezels. They DO NOT FIT and are made with such cheap metal that you can actually bend them in half in your hand! A sad commentary on today's reproduced parts.
THANKS for contacting us.

70 CHALL resto.JPG

Thanks for the response. Mine is an argent grill that is original to my 70 A66 Challenger (340). It is barely dinged where the bumper corner got it when someone backed into it back in the day. I'm fortunate that I bought NOS argent headlight bezels many moons ago! Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
:thumbsup:

I dug through some recent photos of the 67 on my phone. Partsmonsta did the hood inserts and the center panel on the trunk, as well. When the car is fully assembled, I’ll post some better ones.

9B29FD3B-3350-4493-B101-E1DDA4F1D791.jpeg

3E80AA7A-8AAD-4104-B1F5-7DA410397BEC.jpeg

35E3DF45-CD1E-4676-8812-BF0C1F479441.jpeg

6E44131A-67A2-4503-ADC8-6B5CC0F3E0DB.jpeg

2EB1C79C-885A-4F79-999C-059F1767B602.jpeg

148A5F97-5C4E-425A-8778-E8AF11BAFCEE.jpeg

Can anyone recommend someone to restore a 69 Dart grille?

-
Back