grinding off truck motor mount bosses?

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Hey All,

Anyone have pictures of how much and what they ground off their Magnum engine, insofar as the truck motor mounts are concerned?

Do I grind all three pads down to the block on each side or what. I don't have headers for this thing yet (or heads on it for that matter) so I can't mock anything up to see what needs to go.

I do know some folks haven't needed to mess with them, but I want to go ahead and take them off now b/c I don't know what combination I may end up with in the future.

Thanks,

CE
IMG_20170620_161502916.jpg

Mine clears everything by a mile. Sorry I can't offer much.

I've never heard of anyone needing to do this, and would not want to

I read a post that made referance to removing them for header clearance.
I run Dougs on my LA 360 but cant see how they would interfere . Im having a magnum built currently and will have to check closer when I get it back.

I had to grind them off my block to clear car headers.

Not all the way, you really need to mock up your build, toss a head on the block, and see what fits your parts.

Not all the way, you really need to mock up your build, toss a head on the block, and see what fits your parts.

Crap. Now im just going with hipo manifolds, but eventually with tti shorties. I so don't want to paint that block, install it and then find they don't work a year from now.

Crap. Now im just going with hipo manifolds, but eventually with tti shorties. I so don't want to paint that block, install it and then find they don't work a year from now.

As mentioned it would probably be best to wait until you see where what you put on it interferes with if anything.
I have Headman long tubes and if we refer to your picture I had to trim off about half of the one pad closest to the head.

It wasn't bad to do in the car though with a 4" grinder with a cutoff wheel on it.

Here's how I had to cut mine, as the corner with the X was where the headers hit.

IMG_20170620_161502916.jpg

-
Back