"ground up cosmetic restoration"

-
looks very nice but the engine looks like crap. That car is only about 20 miles from my place. Too much $$$ for me to pick up.

It is a shame they didn't go the extra mile in detailing the engine bay. The car looks fairly nice.

John

Wow. Tough crowd. I better clean my engine up really good before I take any photos to post here. ;)

Wow. Tough crowd. I better clean my engine up really good before I take any photos to post here. ;)

I think that's only because the rest of the car is so nice that your seeing comments like this. I totally agree with them too. It's looks like somebody went gonzo with the flat black paint and painted the wiring harness and everything else in the engine bay instead of taking a few more hrs. to do it right. Looks like crap is the only way you can put it.

Even Nikki said it looks "dirty and gross". They painted over the top of the shocks and I hate that! You could detail the motor in an afternoon it's not that hard but why sink all the money into the body and interior and leave the motor looking like that? The motor is the diamond in the ring.

That air cleaner stud looks awfully long to me and the housing looks to be sitting very low.I wonder if he's not running a filter in the housing,just letting it suck in crap

When you see an apparently well done car like that one, then look at the mess under the shiny hood, it kind of makes you wonder how many other corners were cut and covered with fresh paint. At least that was my first thought.

engine bay is an easy fix and thats a good price for a nice clean Cali driver.

I love the 1966 year Barracuda. I wish I could get it. The first thing i would do it yank the engine and then detail the engine bay and put her back together nice an neat.

With all the detail into the rest of the car I bet he knows he didn't go the extra mile. It may be possible that the guy ran out of time and money and now has to sell.

Good thing is that it will not take much work to perfect this beauty.

"Ground up" restoration can mean several things:

1) It can mean what you expect it to mean, that the car has been completely restored from the ground up.

2) It can mean they picked up all the parts that were laying on the ground and re-attached them to the car.

3)It can mean that they filled the body with putty, smoothed it with a wire brush on a drill and painted it, resulting in a "ground up" restoration.

You never know what they mean until you see the car. The engine bay on this one, while not on par with the rest of the car, would not be tough to restore.

engine bay is an easy fix and thats a good price for a nice clean Cali driver.
Agreed $7100 isn't a bad price - and for that I wouldn't worry too much about the flat black engine compartment. But who knows where his reserve is at.

When you see an apparently well done car like that one, then look at the mess under the shiny hood, it kind of makes you wonder how many other corners were cut and covered with fresh paint. At least that was my first thought.

that was pretty much my point. you nailed it.

Restored? At least they lift the carpet in the trunk to show the rust free original color. Rattle-can engine bay, hacked door panels, incorrect wheels, incorrect seat covers, ghetto steering wheel cover.

But at least it's "Rare" heck they probably only made 25 thousand just like it.

The sign in the back window states "ultra rare" 200$ each for the cragars,his reserve on the car might be in outer space also but they do look nice!I like small bolt cragars......I really like em heheheheheh just small bolt pattern cragars though!heheheheh =)

-
Back