Grumpuscreature update :TRIPPLE BYPASS

-
Good to hear Mary! Glad he's recovering and I wish you both many happy years together.

Hello everyone,
David is out of ICU ! :cheers:

He is in a private room now at CAMC Memorial Hospital in Charleston, West Virginia.

The doctors told me he is healing well and with his pain threshold being as high as it is, they will be getting him to stand up in the morning.

I've read him all the well wishes thus far and he says "FABO guys and gals are the greatest people."
:wav: :thumblef:

He is humbled by the responses. :notworth:

He said to say thank you all for the prayers, but most of all he thanks God for listening to them.
:angel7::angel7::angel7::angel7::angel7:

Tomorrow is going to be really hard on him. They are supposed to remove the chest tube...#-o

Then by Tuesday they are going to remove the wires that are holding his chest together. :shaking2:

The respiratory therapist came in tonight and gave him a breathing treatment to prevent pneumonia, then she gave him an insturment that he has to inhale with to measure his lung capacity.:-k

The first try measured 1500 cc's, and the therapist was amazed. David said it was like a hukka I had back in '73, only easier 8)
:dontknow: :supz:
I had to bite my lip to keep from busting out laughing:-\". The therapist had noooo clue to what he meant :glasses9: :scratch:

So, Yeah, he is getting better.

I'll post again tomorrow,
Good Night
~Mary :angel12::sleepy2:

The first try measured 1500 cc's, and the therapist was amazed. David said it was like a hukka I had back in '73, only easier 8)
:dontknow: :supz:
I had to bite my lip to keep from busting out laughing:-\". The therapist had noooo clue to what he meant :glasses9: :scratch:

So, Yeah, he is getting better.

I'll post again tomorrow,
Good Night
~Mary :angel12::sleepy2:

LOL!!!!!!!!!! Tell Dave to be careful not inhale too much as there's nothing on the other end of that instrument like the Hukka did!

Glad to hear his recovery is going well. Just make sure he tries his best to quit smoking. I'm now 6 years free of tobacco and the difference is amazing in how I feel. Now to mention I can taste different foods a whole lot better.

Keep it going Dave!

:wav:Thank you for the phone call Mary! It sure made Treva's and my day on Petit Jean mountain to here David is doing GREAT!! And you sounded so happy!
Small Block !! Brother Bill know, showed up as well :cheers:
Tell Your hubbie David I said hello and I wish I could give you a big hug Mary.

HAY!!!!!! David :blob::wave:

ebay402 065.jpg

ebay402 094.jpg

I would imagine that she's far more concerned about her husband than about all us mopar boneheads, and I wouldn't blame her a bit. :) I know when people very close to me were in mortal danger absolutely nothing mattered to me. Not money, not cars, not work, nothing.

I'm sure she'll let us know as soon as Grumpus is stable and she has a little time to herself and gets some sleep.

Hello all you "Mopar Boneheads" (Sorry :angel12:)

Yes I have been busy with keeping David settles and trying to get him to listen to the doctors and nursing staff.

Sleep? What is this thing you speak of????:scratch:

Actually, last night was the first time I got to sleep in my our bed, instead of a recliner or chair or couch at the hospital in over a week.

:cheers:

David had triple bypass Friday morning at 6 am. It was supposed to be on Thursday afternoon, but his blood was still too thick.

He had an 85% blockage in his pulmonary artery, that takes bad blood from the heart to the lungs to get Oxygen. It is shaped like a "T", and it was blocked in the middle and the doc had to re-route the three corners of the "T", understand?

Well, David did not want me to be there today for the most part, he did not want me to see him in pain, they got him out of bed today and he knew it would upset me, (Like I haven't been upset all week but try telling that to him.)
So, I went to work. I could not stay here at the house, I would go nuts!

For those of you that do not know, I am a waitress. So I went to work from 7-4 today and I just got home to a message from MeMike. I called him and he and his wife, Treva are so kind. I feel like they are family.

I am so blessed to have a friend like MeMike :rock:.

Well I have to go now, I just called David and he needs me there. I just wanted to update you all.

Keep them prayers a comin':angel9:

Love to all,
~Mrs. Mary Catherine Gillespie

Glad to hear everything is going well for you and David, keep up the positive thinking, he'll be home in no time!! Your a waitress then......no doubt that explains all of the good humour you entertain us with on the jokes thread!! Nothing like serving the public to keep up on the latest funnies. Keep up the posts, it won't be long and the "Grump" will be back on here posting with you!!! Don't work too hard and take care!

Mary, Mike has been keeping me updated from the phone calls and I just wanted to let you know I'm glad he is doing better and our prayers are with you guys. I appreciate you both for taking the time to call Mike during his excitement. Your's and David's comments helped him more than you know. Give David a kiss on the cheek for me and let him know how much we care. Love Treva

Great news Mary. Glad everything is going better than anticipated, and wishing the Grump a speedy recovery. Take care

Grant

Glad to hear he is getting back to his grumpy self!

Is there anywhere we can send cards?

Joel

The Docs pulled the drainage and defibulator wires out of Davids chest this afternoon!!!

Then an hour later, he was OUT OF BED AND WALKING!!!:cheers:

Doc said that if he can :pottytra:... he will be able to come home!!!

The hospital staff are amazed with his progress rate.

I know my man, he Absolutely Hates Hospitals.:blob6: He said if all I can do right now is lay around, let me do it at Home!!!

I believe in the power of prayer and the ones I tossed up there and all that was offered on his behalf, WOW... GOD IS GOOD!!!:angel7:

Thank You Each and Every One Of You!!

But, Most of all,
Thank You God
~Mary

I think your hubby speaks for all men when it comes to hospitals, nice to see he will be home with his family very soon. You are a trooper Mary, still posting lots of jokes for us over these difficult days:happy10: best wishes for a speedy recovery once he gets home:cheers:

Some great new's first this morning!! :colors:
Yep! I bet $ that David will be making pooo today and telling the nurses to get out of my way I am going home.:blob:

I have talked to Mary a few times and she is a greater trooper than you could ever realize.:salute:

Great news Mary! David sounds like he's tough as nails and determined as hell. Just what he needs to be to recover.

That's great news! I hope he can come home soon, I hate hospitals too.

-
Back