GTS Restoration

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
Does anyone know a talented individual out there that is doing restorations to GTS parts? I’ve got a tail panel and a set of the faux hood vents from a 68 that I need done and wanted to see if anyone could handle both or are currently restoring these parts. Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

Andy

There is a guy restoring grills for darts in the for sale section. I can't find the ad but you can search. He may do tail panels too.

Does anyone know a talented individual out there that is doing restorations to GTS parts? I’ve got a tail panel and a set of the faux hood vents from a 68 that I need done and wanted to see if anyone could handle both or are currently restoring these parts. Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

Andy

I got my hood isserts from Classic Industries. At the time I purchased them I couldn't find anyone I would trust. Most people around my parts that do this type of work are very talented however they are drug addicts, boozers, on the lam from the law or are in jail or just plain flakes.

Bought my grill from Vans a few weekes ago. Really nice part given that I paid $700 for it.

As far as the tail panel I'm still trying to find someone.

Attachments

• 68 Dart GTS.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 239
AllTrim was probably one of the best vendors around. He did several aluminum trim parts for me(barracuda tail panels, grilles, etc) on various cars and the finished parts were incredible. I think he retired or ???. His website is still up. May want to check and see if he is still doing anything if you can contact him from his website.

I have seen some people recommend King of Trim in CA.

Keep us posted if you pursue.

Will do. I read some DIY tips and tried it myself last summer in the tail panel. Oven cleaner and cellophane. Good enough from 20 feet but I’ll keep looking for a pro that can do it correctly. Those Classic Industries inserts are close to $350 and I got real lucky and found a guy who had 68 inserts but needed 69, which I happened to have - straight trade! I’ll post when i figure out where they’re going. Thanks

Did my own grill- it was not that hard. Now the finish panel is another thing!! I played with one and gave up. I keep hoping that someone will repop the finish panel so I can get one.

Here is the email of the guy who did mine. I highly recommend him he has done both my 69 FB and my 68 GTS. lives in Michigan. I have not seen him in a few years, hope he still does it.

Mark

[email protected]

-
Back