GTS tail stripes on gold 1969 Dart

-

Reaction score
I am trying to decide what color to use for the tail stripes on a 1969 Dart GTS clone. The car is gold, and I am going to retain the original color. I can't make up my mind if the tail stripe should be black or white. If I go with white, I will redo the interior in white. If I go with black, I will redo the interior in black, so there's more at stake here than just a $100 stripe decal.

Does anyone have pictures of a 1969 dart that is gold with a white stripe, and another picture of a gold car with the black stripe? I just need pictures of actual cars so I can make up my mind.

well not exactly gold ( bronze metallic ) but i think you can get the pic here. in my opinion i think the gold w/ white stripe would get washed out. i think black would give a nice contrast, especially if you don't have a vinal roof.....

dart.jpg

I would also go with Black, it provides a much nicer contrast and stands out.

7demon2 - Love your car, Bronze Metallic always one of my favorite colors.

This might sound odd but it`s practical, if you live in a hot climate go white with white interior and if it`s cold where you live go black with black interior.

I would also go with Black, it provides a much nicer contrast and stands out.

7demon2 - Love your car, Bronze Metallic always one of my favorite colors.

that is not my car if you thinking that the dart is mine. that is just a pic i found for this thread to show the black stripe......it is a pretty car though just the same

Try this site. There is a cool looking 69GTS with a white vinyl roof and a white stripe. Gold color. It is about 1/2 way down the page you get to when you click the "69 GTS" button. It isn't the best angle but it sure is a sharp looking GTS!!!

www.geocities.com/gtsreg

register your car while you are there!

Mine has black a stripe. Thanks Jeff

Originally I thought black for sure. But after seeing that gold GTS with the white, I'm leaning that way. I think if you go with white though, you should put a white vinyl roof on it to tie it together. If going black, I think it would like fine with or without.

Grant

I had the same kind of decision to make on my 69 Swinger when I restored it. My car was a black stripe delete car, but I wanted to put a stripe on it when I restored it but couldn't decide between white or red. At first I thought white but then I thought that would remind me to much of a cop car. So idecided on red and with the red line tires it just sorta tied everything together and the red looks sweet on it!

I think in your case black would be my choice for sure. White stripes are okay but only on certain colors. Think about it and be sure because it's tough to change it after it's on.

Either color works and it really is dependent on the kind of person that owns the car. I had a '69 Fury III that was gold w/ a white top and it looked good for my tastes. I like a more subtle looking car so the gold with white to me looks best. Now if you are the type of person that likes contrast then the gold with black is what you would want. If it were my car, which it is not I would go white.

Chuck

Even better, my buddy had a 70 Roadrunner that was Gold with the black hood stripe, and the gold and black interior, that was real sharp. He hated the color, but I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. It was basically how they set up a white interior car, with black trim, but the major pieces were gold instead of whilte.

danLupdated.jpg

goldatMoparfest.jpg

Joesgold67.JPG

GOLD W/BLACK STRIPE
kevinB68gold.jpg

tonyS440.jpg

68gts_1w.htm

68gts_1v.htm

-
Back