guages pod

-

72demon440

Reaction score
I just got my new guages from Fastlane West. I know alot of you don't like the guage pod, but I do, the plastic is a little thin but it wont matter, It is alot better than that stock piece of crap that was in my car. I would have rather made one but for now this will have to do! down the road I will probably make one off of this template. I think it looks nice in the car. the rest of my dash pieces are painted black so it looks nice together! Just thought I would post a pic.
Jared

Attachments

• guages 001 (Small).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 229
thanks , I am finished wiring everything and I will post some pics when I get it in!

I like that. One of these days I would like to make something like that for my 70 Dart.

it wouldn't be that hard to make one! The plastic pod is a good idea, I think it just needs to be a little thicker! I think if some one could produce an aluminum pod or sheetmetal one, there would be some kind of a market, no one else is making something like anymore!

That is great! Will look very nice in the dash I would think..

Thanks, cause now I am on their website eye-balling some options for my Duster. :)

Do you have pics of it in the car?

the guages come with either green or red bulb covers, I put the green covers on, I wanted the phantom II guages but they are quite abit more. I love white faced guages! my ram has the white faced guages with the green back lighting.

looks good!
I hope they started making them thicker since i got mine.

Attachments

• 013_1_1.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 186
I kinda went that direction with my original speedo and aftermarket guages in the old original holes for Amps, temp and oil pressure.
I like the industrial funcional look.

Attachments

• dashnow.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 173
looks good!
I hope they started making them thicker since i got mine.

I have pondered over doing my 72 Duster with that look myself, I love that look. Money has been tight, and this year was the year for me to replace motor. So maybe next year it will have a new dash like yours. Looks great.
Happy New Year Friends.....

trailbeast- It is good that you got rid of the old amp guage! those things were a problem, yours looks good to, my spedometer was broken also so not worth it to me to fix!
Looks good Pauly!
The price for one is alot but most of the cost is the guages of coarse, tried to see if the price was cheaper to get the guages separate but the shipping would put it over the cost of the whole thing!
I tried to paint mine first but didn't like it. Happy new years to everyone! Jared

here are a coulple of pics with it just set in there. hard to get good pics, In the middle of rewiring car so **** scattered everywhere

Attachments

• guages 003 (Small).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 137
  • guages 004 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 146
  • guages 005 (Small).jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 132
I have no idea of the plastic quality you guys have mentioned, but it looks good in there. Nicer than wood grain, to me anyway. All black is sweet. :cheers:

thanks, yes rewiring can be fun, I don't mind it though, ran into some problems but called painless and they cleared up the questions! I like blacked out dashes. I painted my tuff wheel also! The only problem I am having is the headlight switch is not going to fit. I hear some people use the one offered be painless! the switch is too big and hits one of the guages!

-
Back