Guess I get to start welding!!

-
That unit appears like it will use gas or flux core, either will work but I really prefer using gas on the one I have which is very similar. The gas costs a little, but I feel like I get a better weld and the wire is lots cheaper. Likely more than makes up for the cost of the gas. I grew up welding up cars with a torch and brass, this is sooo much better, just take your time on the thin stuff to minimize heat and warping.

Thanks Mark, hope to spark it up tonight!! Im going to practice without the gas, I meant to get a price when I was in town. Thanks for the advice!

Hey MachoSteve..LOL.I lease a Argon mix tank from Linde for $75 a year..full.Don,t forget to reverse your pos/neg cables in the welder when switching to gas.Good luck and keep a fire extinguisher handy.:glasses7:

I would think that any guy that fools with old cars would have a welder... It's like a Carpenter have a nail gun...

I would think that any guy that fools with old cars would have a welder... It's like a Carpenter have a nail gun...

A carpenter would be a guy that does it for a living....... me I do this for fun!
I have seen lotsa guys with nail guns that I would definitely not call a carpenter LOL

Yeah, reverse the polarity. I dealt with a chinese one for years- I couldn't do crap. Got a Hobart gas, it does good; takes practice on 16 gauge. Helped a bud restore a charger; he had flux and gas migs. On body, I kept burning through with the flux. It was great on 1/8" and thicker. The gas had infinity adjustment knob- fantastic. It takes practice, and dirty work? nada, it ain't a blow through the dirt arc welder.

I have an older Hobart HH187 that I use with Lincoln's L56 .023" wire for automotive sheet-metal along with just general use around my farm. It does great but like any welding, it takes a little practice. This machine has served me quite well.

Kenny, I'll be sure to have her video it as well!! Yer too much LOL

Hey Steve, don't laugh, I was out in the garage working on my frame connectors last winter and everything was fine until things got a little warm in the family jewel area only to find that I had a fire. I burned about an 8" hole through my sweats, through my long johns and it was well...........you know.

I came in the house after puttin' the fire out and all the old lady could do was bust out in laughter.

-
Back