Guess the $'s for a 70 factory 340 Duster

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
Okay all you experts out there and the rest of us which are just damn good guessors. On Jan. 20 (Thursday) Barrett Jackson, put your guns down for a minute and let me finish,:-D is auctioning off a fully restored/numbers matching/just like the factory built it/yadda yadda, 1970 340 H code 4 speed Duster. I'll keep this thread open and everyone gets to guess the hammer down price once, without going over and the winner gets a smack up side the head with a rubber chicken. Actually I was thinking of an all expense paid 2 week trip to Aruba. That's what the winner gets to buy me and the misses and we'll both be grateful as hell.8)

What say you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:toothy10:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...list.aspx?aid=403&sd=01/18/2011&ed=01/18/2011

Put 684 in the Lot# box

I say in these times we are in anything north of 40k would be impressive. I will be at the auction and will have to see this thing up close! Can't say I've ever seen a duster at barrett before.

I will have to think on that # for a while. On hand it could be good if the $ goes crazy high, for everybody that has one to sell. Then all them people that base what they pay off BJ will be willing to pay good money for em. On the other hand, if it sold for big $ and did manage to drive the " market" value up, a big $ sale could suck for those looking to buy one since they are less expensive than "higher end" cars. Hopefully I remember to watch it that night.

I say in these times we are in anything north of 40k would be impressive. I will be at the auction and will have to see this thing up close! Can't say I've ever seen a duster at barrett before.

There's also a 71 H code numbers/full restore a day or so later but it's 340 has been stroked. Probably get a verbal tougue lashing from the Chebby boys for that and a 10K penalty. We'll see.

Lot #1544

There's also a 71 H code numbers/full restore a day or so later but it's 340 has been stroked. Probably get a verbal tougue lashing from the Chebby boys for that and a 10K penalty. We'll see.

Lot #1544

I will have to keep an eye out for that one aswell. I love attending barrett every year, its the best damn car show you could ever imagine. Some of the rarest and most exotic cars you can see in one place. It amazes me every year.

Lot #684 ; And the first thing I notice, is the "340 Wegde" decal on the hood, of a '70 Duster.
Yup factory correct it is no doubt.

Lot #1544 appears to be more legit.

Lot #684 ; And the first thing I notice, is the "340 Wegde" decal on the hood, of a '70 Duster.
Yup factory correct it is no doubt.

Lot #1544 appears to be more legit.

The exhaust tips don't look right either, look to round from what I can see.

1544's got the right tips.

I'm figureing 37K for #684

I'll guess 25k. Just not that much love for Dusters among collectors, I may be wrong.

Those look like B body tips, or it's the sun? Lots wrong with this car, but still very nice.
I'd like to lower my bid- 18,500

The exhaust tips don't look right, look to round from what I can see.

That's why I said "appears to be", I'm turning into a concourse show judge.
And I think I should be, for the $ these guys are selling these cars for. It better be correct, or have mods that reflect the value.

these are tough times right now the prices have been down so im gonna say $26500.

It's not what it's worth but what people are prepared to pay. I play the stock market and it's evident that the moneys loosening up north and south of the border. At least it ain't as bad as it was this time last year so I'm being optimistic, We'll see!!!!!!!!

In a way, I hope they hit high $, it will help me have more collateral value with my #'s match 340, 4 speed , Bahama Yellow car with now 73,000 documented original miles, with two broadcast sheets and fender tag and a hand shake from the original owner and the second owner, and I'll throw in a handshake from the dealerships owner's son (still in the family) on the selling price.
My car is not vaguely documented on paper, you can get it's complete history "live" from the seller and the previous owner's. You can even meet the guy who stored it in his barn for 10 years.

On a lighter note, I really hope they fetch a good $, because they deserve it. The A body's blew the doors off of any other model, point blank. Hemi Dart, Hemi Cuda, need I say more. Even the little 340, blew the doors off the 383's, I know 'cuz I have one.

-
Back