guess what..................yeah, thats right

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
we went on a long trip today to a car show at the Regatta and heres................................................................the results and pics. I parked right in front of a dude I used to buy a lot of parts from when I was in the trucking business. he has the prettiest black Ford truck I believe I have seen. My camera's battery was getting low because we rushed out and didn't change them from yesterdays show. "Best Mopar" went to the brown Challenger. I cannot compete with a new car at a show. The orange 72 Duster is the first Duster I have ever seen at a show besides mine. The purple and silver Studebaker has a hemi in it.

Attachments

• DSC04816 (Copy).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC04811 (Copy).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC04815 (Copy).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 532
  • DSC04817 (Copy).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 526
  • DSC04812 (Copy).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 545
  • DSC04814 (Copy).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC04813 (Copy).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC04808 (Copy).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 515
  • DSC04809 (Copy).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 547
  • DSC04810 (Copy).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 534
Yer gonna get to where if you go to a show and don't win sumffin, yer gonna be mad. lol Congrats......again!

yeah Okie, I have been thinkin about that. then I am gonna have to get a bigger house.................or kick the boy out and use his bedroom. he is 21. its time for him to go anyway. hell, at 21 I had been in the service during Vietnam came out and was married. But I don't want him to make the same mistakes I made so I guess I am gonna let him stay as long as he wants.

I can't imagine why Someone would spend 4 figures per wheel for something like that *points to Asanti wheels mounted on Challenger Yellow Jacket*

nah Rusty, I wont get mad. Its not about the trophys anyway. I just enjoy talking to people who come up, look at the car and want to know how and why we did it how we done it. I enjoy the people.

Love that 55 ish International.

The only trophy I ever won was for my 65 Fargo. Went up to get it, and they lost it. Said they'd mail it to me and never did.

I've taken my Dart to a few shows, but it seems to be the only winners are Corvettes, Camaros, and Mustangs.

hey Bill- nice to see ya got another one (hopefully there was a rep from Chrysler there to accept the new Challenger's award, since the factory should have got it anyways lol).

thanks guys. you are right Mike about the Corvettes, Camaro and Mustangs. Since they started making some of them again, us older cars cannot compete with them. It is getting where they are starting separate classes. 79 and older and 80 up. which is only right because the older cars cannot compete with the new Mustangs, Camaro and Challengers. I won that trophy for the 79 and older class. There was a guy who went and rented a new Challenger, took it to show won a trophy and took it back. now that is getting bad when you have to do that. The greenish Intro pickup you see, I know his daughter Jenn. she works at Lowes and she is the one who cut the Lexan I put on my mirror display. He lost his wife last year and this is his first year back to shows.There were a lot of nice cars there. I like looking for the different ones that you don't see everytime. I believe if that big blue Chrysler had is engine bay better, he would have won something but the paint on the radiator was bubbled up and a ton of bugs was on it.

Great job! Guess all that underside painting and clay clean-up paid off. The car looks really nice - How bout some detail pics?

I agree with the whole "brand new show car". I went to a show over the weekend and there was a brand new v6 Challenger in the show area, it even stunk like new car. It just kills the joy when next to it is a restored car that has been brought back from the dead with pages and pages of restoration pics and countless hours and money put into it and again the countless hours to keep it that way. It would piss me off too to park my car next to brand new, unmodified car (no I don;t count the stuffed animal or stupid "crying kid" as a modification) and try and compete.

zkx14, what kind of detail pic do you want to see.let me know. It was a nice place to have a show too. It was right on the Ohio River and there was a lot of shade. but because we got there late due to church, I had to make my own shade with the canopy my wife bought a couple of years ago when she had a craft booth. I told her that was a waste of money. and as usual I had to eat those words many times as it has been a life saver at some of these shows when it has been a 100* outside. I thanked her again yesterday for buying it and she just loves to hear that. anybody else have a wife who just loves to hear it when you are wrong about stuff. Mine just likes to smile.

Whatever is winning the trophies... LOL
Engine bay, interior, a couple 'mirror shots' ...

tell you what, I am on a bowling league today and on Fridays and I am getting ready to walk out the door. I will post you some pics when I get back later today. look for them.Bill

I agree with the whole "brand new show car". I went to a show over the weekend and there was a brand new v6 Challenger in the show area, it even stunk like new car. It just kills the joy when next to it is a restored car that has been brought back from the dead with pages and pages of restoration pics and countless hours and money put into it and again the countless hours to keep it that way. It would piss me off too to park my car next to brand new, unmodified car (no I don;t count the stuffed animal or stupid "crying kid" as a modification) and try and compete.

I don't appreciate the new cars compared to the old ones. I'll take an old one over a new one any day of the week. All you do with a new one is drive it from the dealer and bring it to the show - no work/effort done to it.

I appreciate the older ones because someone has to have taken good care of it, or has put alot of blood sweat and tears in it putting it back together correctly. That is what I admire. The quality of the workmanship and effort that it took to "bring it back to life" from an old "hulk" of metal.

Good to hear about your trophy successes, and carrying the ole' FABO flag for us.
I enjoy all cars and all makes at a car show, even the new ones.
That being said, the newer ones have their place, and the older ones should be kept seporate.
As long as you have fun, who cares who wins?
(Gawd, now i'm sounding like a little league baseball coach)

ok zkx14, here are the pics you wanted to see. I have posted these several times and these guys on here are probably getting tired of seeing them. I know right now I am sick of seeing them. I may not even go to a show this weekend because I am sick of seeing it. I may go fishing. It will be up to my boy. I don't know what or why I keep pulling trophys because it is just a nice car to me but here are the pics. I believe it is the monkey that is causing it. I tried leaving him home a few times but he starts to cry so I take him.

Attachments

• DSC04754 (Copy).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC04514 (Copy).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 232
  • DSC02831.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC02830.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC02842 (Copy).JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC02839 (Copy).JPG