Guess who finally came home after 17 years???

-

Venumb

70 Dart GT owner
Reaction score
My 1970 Dart GT

It's been parked primarily in my mother-in-laws driveway since '92. Yeah, she's a super cool m-in-law :D

Here's a few pics I took with my crappy phone camera. I'll post up the pics I took when I got it home a little later.....

1031091301a.jpg

1031091306.jpg
1031091301.jpg
1031091301b.jpg

Is this the same one that you owned, or the same kind? If you owned it previously, that's pretty amazing!

I wish I could find a few of my old babes...........(not women.......and don't tell my wife I called my old cars "Babes" either..........)

Is this the same one that you owned, or the same kind? If you owned it previously, that's pretty amazing!

I wish I could find a few of my old babes...........(not women.......and don't tell my wife I called my old cars "Babes" either..........)

I've owned it since '92.

What a stash you have there and you DO have a very cool Mom-in-law for sure. Keep the pics coming, thanks Venumb and nice car by the way.

We bought our '70 Dart GT back in '92 from a guy in Leola, PA. It was a buddy of my sister's ex b/f actually. He had the car sitting behind a barn with just the nose exposed to passing traffic.

I drove past the Dart for several years thinking it was a Demon (someone had installed twin hood scoops on it previously). I finally stopped by one day and asked him about it. After seeing the rest of the car I realized it wasn't a Demon..lol. I noticed the "Dart GT" on the rear quarters but really had no idea what I was buying at the time. It was a solid but not very pretty roller. I gave him the $400 he was asking and took it home.

Once home I swapped an 8-3/4 rear into it from a non-running 72' Swinger I had and proceeded to replace the grenaded 8-3/4 the GT came with. I eventually bought a 340 and a 4 speed for it.

It was a few years after owning the GT before I even realized how rare it was (thank God I didn't start chopping) and I registered it on the 70-71 Dart GT registry run by Bruce Budbill.

Mine is one of only a few (that I'm aware of) that have the 318, 3 speed (floor-shift) combo. Most I've seen or read about are column shifted and 6 cyl.

My plans are to return it as close to original as reasonable. The original 318 and 3 spd are long gone so I may go with the 340 / 4 spd setup I originally planned years ago.

In it's current state, I would consider it a mostly solid roller that definitely needs restored before dropping a drive train into it.

More pics........
DodgeDart085.jpg

DodgeDart071.jpg

DodgeDart062.jpg

DodgeDart061.jpg

DodgeDart060.jpg

DodgeDart059.jpg

DodgeDart058.jpg

DodgeDart052.jpg

DodgeDart048.jpg

Cant wait for progress pix. You need to get the car in the garage and get started!! Good luck.

Thanks for the update Venumb.By the looks of your driveway and open space around your home,it looks perfect for bigger garage(shop).LOL.It looks like a beautiful area.

P.S Once I seen 71GT I knew you had something speacial there!Good Luck with the project!

Thanks for the update Venumb.By the looks of your driveway and open space around your home,it looks perfect for bigger garage(shop).LOL.It looks like a beautiful area.

P.S Once I seen 71GT I knew you had something speacial there!Good Luck with the project!

Yeah we love the area we live in. We moved here 5 years ago from a more urban setting. I never get over the view here. Fall foliage was in full color last week (pictured below)..now most of it is on the ground.

The 70-71 Dart GT's definitely are "special", I'm always seeking more info on them (there isn't much out there).

Thanks to all for the compliments and such! 8)
JagpicsOct09049-1.jpg

-
Back