Guidance - Gauge Insert - 1976 Dart

-

Backtobasics

Reaction score
I remember there was a vendor that offered a molded plastic gauge insert / cluster / panel / dash for the A bodies.

It was for those that were going with aftermarket gauges. With all the different terms for this part, I can't seem to track it down in search, or the google. Can someone direct me?

Fastlane West, I think there's another one that i can't remember.
I've got a Fastlane carbon fiber look one available, it was too flimsy for my liking.

Those are both close, but they already have holes in them. The one I am thinking of was the insert only, and it was solid, so you could mount the gauges where you wanted them....

Those are both close, but they already have holes in them. The one I am thinking of was the insert only, and it was solid, so you could mount the gauges where you wanted them....
There was a forum member that used to make those. But last I'd heard he'd retired from doing so. You might try calling classic dash and seeing if they sell one that isn't cut but not on their website

it shouldnt be too hard to make plate that lays over the stock gauge panel
then all you need to do is cut the center out, leaving 1/2 around the edge to mount the plate too and your all set

much like this member did

Custom Duster Gauge Panel

Be careful what you wish for. There is a owner who bought a blank, cut holes to mount instruments wherever he wanted. He discovered that his headlight switch and wiper switch wouldn't fit in after the fact. I don't know if he ever found substitutes that would fit.

Made my own!

6-22-13 015_1.JPG

Be careful what you wish for. There is a owner who bought a blank, cut holes to mount instruments wherever he wanted. He discovered that his headlight switch and wiper switch wouldn't fit in after the fact. I don't know if he ever found substitutes that would fit.

He found out he had to put the switches in first and then the gauges.

That's what I did. I'm not done but I think it will work out fine.I just wish I'd left a little more of a lip when I cut out the old center piece
FB_IMG_1477777330521_resized (2).jpg

-
Back