Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
I have heard a lot of smack talk about the 350 but have yet to see one in the flesh or get the opportunity to shoot one. Does it meet your expectations? I know just North of nothing about the caliber.

Honestly haven’t put very many rounds through it yet. It’s an AR platform 16” barrel. I wouldn’t consider the barrel broke in yet.

If the blade doesn't kill the dog, then shoot the thing. That should answer all questions about guns, dogs and blades. lol

If the blade doesn't kill the dog, then shoot the thing. That should answer all questions about guns, dogs and blades. lol
Maybe we start a Guns, Cats, and Blades thread then? LOL. I’ll take a dog over a cat any day, but we have one of each currently.

Hah! RRR is on a roll. Here ya go Rusty, this is how we explain our builds. Oh wait…..
Keep all them Cats happy and fed guy!

A63F4430-737C-44E4-9E24-A21795309DAB.jpeg

Well our annual award ceremony was last night. Another years worth of competition is in the books. Yeah. It is a long season. For those of you on here that compete regular you feel my pain! I had a pretty good season on the precision side. I managed to win the Masters Division in Rimfire pistol. Defended my throne and captured the AR Platform 50 yards yet again this year. Using a revolver in rimfire I managed to win the Expert Division. In Centerfire rifle Factory Sporter I came in second versus all them bolt guns using my Daniel AR, they were not happy with me! Hah! Centerfire Pistol Masters Division I got third. We had to do the turkey fantail pose as I was not gonna hold all the iron! Reckon my sponsor will keep me for another year! It was a lot of fun but glad it is over. I have a go fast pistol event down in Arkansas this next week then training a Church the following weekend. We teach (force on force training) their Security Team in their own Church on Friday then head to our range for live fire all day on Saturday. It is always a lot of fun. Gonna be a busy couple of weeks.

5C928164-6EC3-4392-BE8F-01C50760E251.jpeg

Suitcase is packed and ready for “go fast pistol” nonsense next week. Two is one, one is none right? A matched pair of SIG Legions both topped with DPP Red Dots. Gonna be a long week. Not sure how my aging North of Sixty body will keep up with the pups but I am gonna give em heck! I fully intend to use treachery and deceit.

45F71585-2BFA-4574-BAEE-A4BC238C6993.jpeg

That's a 70 year anniversary Mark II blade in the background. Father-in-law gave me the Garand when he knew he was dying. He had 6 son-in laws and picked me. He told me I was the only one who asked for his daughters hand in marriage. He paid 25 bucks for it at a surplus house in Great Falls, MT. What a hoot to shoot. Sure do miss him.
garande.jpg

That's a 70 year anniversary Mark II blade in the background. Father-in-law gave me the Garand when he knew he was dying. He had 6 son-in laws and picked me. He told me I was the only one who asked for his daughters hand in marriage. He paid 25 bucks for it at a surplus house in Great Falls, MT. What a hoot to shoot. Sure do miss him. View attachment 1715923487
Yo BP I have a bunch of clips for a Garand, now that I sold mine I would consider letting them go. PM me if you have any interest.

Yo BP I have a bunch of clips for a Garand, now that I sold mine I would consider letting them go. PM me if you have any interest.
I'm good to go John. Unless the war comes to get me. LOL Got a different plan for that anyway. Thanks for the offer and congratulations are in order for your marksmanship awards.

I'm good to go John. Unless the war comes to get me. LOL Got a different plan for that anyway. Thanks for the offer and congratulations are in order for your marksmanship awards.
Thanks BP! If you talk to Fred tell him I said hello. Now that Spring has finally arrived I will likely migrate and crash a night or two at his shop and sort out a center console. He has some serious talent.

Thanks BP! If you talk to Fred tell him I said hello. Now that Spring has finally arrived I will likely migrate and crash a night or two at his shop and sort out a center console. He has some serious talent.
I will and I have to agree on his talent. Good old school know how in that man.

I've read stories about how the soldiers would use the sound of the Garand "ping" when the clip ejects. The enemy would think they were reloading and our infantry would simulate the "ping" to fool them into thinking they were reloading. Crazy to think of that kind of hand to hand combat still going on today.

Battle in the end, reduced to its most simple form is always up close and personal. GIs in WW2 ended up with a device to mimic the Garand ping. They would run the clicker to replicate the ping and the enemy would charge only to find out we were not MT. War is always the mother of creativity and technology. Obviously I have a cynical bias. Apologies.

Well our annual award ceremony was last night. Another years worth of competition is in the books. Yeah. Reckon my sponsor will keep me for another year! It was a lot of fun but glad it is over. I have a go fast pistol event down in Arkansas this next week then training a Church the following weekend. We teach (force on force training) their Security Team in their own Church on Friday then head to our range for live fire all day on Saturday. It is always a lot of fun
View attachment 1715923017
We have a Church here that Has a Good Team ( elevated they also check ID. I also stopped at a Bros Church, and met some Interesting People... Not saying much else, for Their OpSec. Just wanted to say. YOU are doing a Great Thing!

Last edited:
Well our annual award ceremony was last night. Another years worth of competition is in the books. Yeah. It is a long season. For those of you on here that compete regular you feel my pain! I had a pretty good season on the precision side. I managed to win the Masters Division in Rimfire pistol. Defended my throne and captured the AR Platform 50 yards yet again this year. Using a revolver in rimfire I managed to win the Expert Division. In Centerfire rifle Factory Sporter I came in second versus all them bolt guns using my Daniel AR, they were not happy with me! Hah! Centerfire Pistol Masters Division I got third. We had to do the turkey fantail pose as I was not gonna hold all the iron! Reckon my sponsor will keep me for another year! It was a lot of fun but glad it is over. I have a go fast pistol event down in Arkansas this next week then training a Church the following weekend. We teach (force on force training) their Security Team in their own Church on Friday then head to our range for live fire all day on Saturday. It is always a lot of fun. Gonna be a busy couple of weeks.

View attachment 1715923017
Very nice! Congrats!

Just a heads up... there's are a number of Kershaw blades on clearance over on Amazon. 45 - 60% off if you're looking to add a low cost clip to the arsenal

Just a heads up... there's are a number of Kershaw blades on clearance over on Amazon. 45 - 60% off if you're looking to add a low cost clip to the arsenal

Got a link? Ive noticed a lot of those Amazon ads make no mention of the steel used.

Got a link? Ive noticed a lot of those Amazon ads make no mention of the steel used.
Just go to amazon and punch in Kershaw on the search bar. Comes up with a bunch of different models from $15-$80. Many of the descriptions have the blade material listed and if not you can go to the mfg site to look it up. Worth the effort.

Well I finally got home from a whirlwind trip of both getting trained and training. I took an instructor course from the gentleman that trains many of the FBI HRT teams and countless SWAT groups across the Country, plus the US Marshall’s. Scott Jedinski of Modern Samurai. Let’s just say the course was very very difficult and the heat index was 106. I had so much stick em on my hands my pistol is trashed out. Very tuff two days. But in the end I managed to squeak out a passing grade and am now a certified Red Dot Instructor via Modern Samurai. He took each of us to the absolute edge of our abilities, shrugged and kicked us over the edge and simply went on to next shooter, rinse and repeat. Zero compassion! Hah! I guess if you are training HRT Teams on a regular basis you simply cannot compromise your standards. Officers and Swat guys came from all over the Country to attend as more and more Depts are going to red dot. In an odd twist of fate at one point I was lined up next to a gentleman that had the same accent as I have, so we sniffed each other out, and it turned out he was my boys instructor at the Police Academy many years ago. They now serve on same Dept. I gave him twenty bucks and told him to tell my boy I was top shooter! Hah! Small world. At end of the day we did a head to head elimination drill and after several runs I was eliminated by the guy that owned the range we were training on, he trains the local SWAT teams and is a excellent longe range shooter. I did not feel to bad!

B8AAA971-AAD9-47BB-B37D-18CC539E1EFE.jpeg

Well it dawned on me that after a couple of three weeks of non stop training, rolling around in the dirt and about a million high speed draws plus several thousand rounds down range. It was clearly time for some PM on my kit. I had holsters rattling, mag pouches spinning like a Ferris wheel. And no end to loose fasteners. It was time. How sad is it that a guy has a hard case devoted to kit repair? What a geek.

CC81D222-2929-4114-B40E-4E6FCB15C971.jpeg

Whats your choice for Molle belts?
I typically do not run Molle belts specifically, but mine is compatible for Molle sizing. I use a hybrid system of Blade Tech training belts, which is comprised of a inner belt that threads thru pants with Velcro facing out. Then you have an outer belt that is configured to whatever that events needs are. You simply line up outer belt to witness point on inner belt and wrap it around. The Velcro is a full 360 degrees. And make no mistake it is stuck in place! You need to stop for lunch, take a break go to the bathroom or whatever you simply peel off the outer belt. It makes life so much better. Holsters for the most part I run Black Scorpion, it is compatible to the Blade tech system. The majority of vendors are now making their equipment compatible to Blade Tech system. I would not go so far as to say it is a industry standard but it has a lot of benefits and is super compatible, Molle included. The only downside is the miserable Chicago screw that is utilized. But a bit of lock tight solves that, and frankly regardless of what system you use inevitably you will be dealing with a Chicago fastener at some point.

-
Back