Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
$13.99 for a box of 20 rounds, Red Army Standard.

View attachment 1715963634

Not sure if the other boxes I bought are any different, but the boxes are camo pattern. It's all that was at the local sporting goods store, I haven't been to the Scheels that's about a half hour away.
Just got back from Scheels, they had small pistol primers! Woo Hoo! They have not had them for over a year. So wife and I are in check out line she has a fist full of black rifle coffee and I got a couple three or four bricks of primers. Cashier opens up, I motion Jodi up and tell her to go head. She looks at my itty bitty bricks of primers and says it all comes from one place put em up here, I will by them with my coffee. (Note I love this woman) Everything is going along fine then she gets ready to put her credit card in and sees the total, next thing I hear, and everyone else, is…..O Hell no! I about died I was laughing so hard, she had no idea what a brick of primers cost these days (84 dollars per 1000) The cashier didn’t know what to do, I just shrugged and put my card in and told her she owed me for the coffee! It was hilarious! Love Scheels!

On serious note those of you that are close to a Scheels they are running a bunch of sales on ammo right now. 399 dollars for 1000 (qty) 9mm 115 grn training ammo. That is actually cheaper than we paid for our last pallet of ammo with our LE discount. Ammo is finally coming down to a more reasonable price, not good, or pre C19 but definitely coming down.

Firearms depot has CCI Blazer brass 115 FMJ $299 for 1000 case.
Ammo is indeed coming down. I just bought a Canik TP9SF yesterday, so I'm gonna order a case and a holster before my wife knows it happened.

You are really going to like the Canik.
I havent fired it yet, but talking with doogievl about them a few years ago, we agreed they were a great gun for the money. I dont know if he bought one. The trigger is strangely smooth for a stock setup. Feels so natural in my hand. This is going to be my new carry for work. One thing I will miss about my Shield Plus is the stippling. Like 80 grit sandpaper. The TP could be a little grippier, especially in Alabama.

I havent fired it yet, but talking with doogievl about them a few years ago, we agreed they were a great gun for the money. I dont know if he bought one. The trigger is strangely smooth for a stock setup. Feels so natural in my hand. This is going to be my new carry for work. One thing I will miss about my Shield Plus is the stippling. Like 80 grit sandpaper. The TP could be a little grippier, especially in Alabama.
That should be an easy fix.

I have one of those. Trigger is different but pretty decent. I need to massage the throat for cast bullets. My first ever 9mm. Figured I should have one (I’m a 45 guy) and should make a good truck gun with the Holosun 507. Can’t beat the price

I have one of those. Trigger is different but pretty decent. I need to massage the throat for cast bullets. My first ever 9mm. Figured I should have one (I’m a 45 guy) and should make a good truck gun with the Holosun 507. Can’t beat the price
The standard Warren front fiber optic is a little small. Gives a decent sight picture, but I see a Nightfision replacement in the near future. For the price, I have zero complaints. Heck, my S&W's didnt even include a case.

Last edited:
So I cleaned out the safe and decided to put the leupold VX 3 back on the 6mm.
its a 6,5-20x50.
I need to get three whitetail this year to feed the family so this is the most important tool I have at the moment.
No need to skimp.

$13.99 for a box of 20 rounds, Red Army Standard.

View attachment 1715963634

Not sure if the other boxes I bought are any different, but the boxes are camo pattern. It's all that was at the local sporting goods store, I haven't been to the Scheels that's about a half hour away.
Clear your Inbox LocuMob , Cant send message.

So I cleaned out the safe and decided to put the leupold VX 3 back on the 6mm.
its a 6,5-20x50.
I need to get three whitetail this year to feed the family so this is the most important tool I have at the moment.
No need to skimp.
Not a bad choice because the field of view at 6x is still pretty decent for in close. Just because you have 20x doesn't mean you have to use it. Somewhere in the middle is "just right".

How do you like it? 12 round or 17?
12 rounds and I like it . It is my second one. My first went to my Son and I replaced it with a stainless one. We have never has an issue with them. I know lots of people who do not like them.

12 rounds and I like it . It is my second one. My first went to my Son and I replaced it with a stainless one. We have never has an issue with them. I know lots of people who do not like them.
I bought the G2c and a couple G3 17 round mags.
The extra length of the mag gives me a much better grip. I draw left handed.
It's fun to shoot. I won 1000 rounds of 9mm in a drawing so I can practice for a day or 2. Lol

-
Back