Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
@go-fish

Love me some working dogs! Retired with my last one. Knucklehead is almost 12 and lying here on the bed.
Speaking of working dogs, only a little boy (one of our grandsons) can get away with pulling a 100 pound Shepard’s ear! But then after romping for hours they both crashed!

E15D93FC-0752-4AF2-8D8B-C849C68F3D95.jpeg

3551B1EE-4D07-49DD-834E-F2B2E508BFDD.jpeg

only a little boy (one of our grandsons) can get away with pulling a 100 pound Shepard’s ear!
My first Rottweiler was getting up there in years when she got to "play" with the newest granddaughter. She would get ready to snip whomever was pulling her fur, see the girl and immediately stop. She loved kids so much, and would never hurt one. She was a great dog. Miss you Tasha!

Last edited:
Looking forward to putting it through this. Tikka T1X with a SilencerCo Sparrow. I generally can get under .5" groups at 50 yards with that CCI ammo, and under .375" groups with Eley Club. I enjoy shooting toothpicks in half at 50 yards with it.

View attachment 1715964866

It no longer has that scope setup. I have a set of Talley rings mounted right to the receiver and have eliminated that picatinmy adapter.

I have had my eye on the KRG Chassis for this rifle since the day I bought the Tikka. After shooting my buddy's 308 in a KRG chassis, I ended up ordering one for myself.

It seems too work good, other than that target with a single shot, the rest are between 5-8 rounds per bullseye.

20221110_162017.jpg

20221110_162028.jpg

20221111_152021.jpg

It's probably 2 clicks in some direction, I think that target is upside down in the pic. lol

Eley Club 40 grain at 50 yards. That Tikka is a solid shooter. What I want to try next time is without the suppressor on it, I've only ever fired it suppressed, I want to see if there is a shift without the can.

I was shooting the CCI Quiet 22 for a bit as well, it doesn't group at all, maybe a 4" spread at 50 yards, but as I was shooting it, my buddy came up to me and ask why I was dry firing so much, you can hear the trigger click, and the bullet hit the paper, and that's it.

CCI Standard Velocity is also sub-sonic, it shoots almost as good as the Eley, and it's less than half the price. That is what I usually run through it for a normal range day.

It's probably 2 clicks in some direction, I think that target is upside down in the pic. lol

Eley Club 40 grain at 50 yards. That Tikka is a solid shooter. What I want to try next time is without the suppressor on it, I've only ever fired it suppressed, I want to see if there is a shift without the can.
I recently turned in a very solid performance in a modified bolt action class shoot, shooting a bone stock Tikka. I was subject to a bunch of heckling pre match but not so much after it was all over. A bunch of guys became very interested in my stock Tikka. I think they are a well run Company putting out a very fine mid range rifle. They are hard to beat.

My buddy that I shoot with competes in some long range challenges, like ones they just tell you the height of the target and you have to figure out the distance yourself, and round count and timing affect your score. He was impressed with it enough that it's on his list to buy.

He didn't need to spot for me, but he wasn't shooting at the time, so he did any way. It was kind of satisfying hearing him say bull, bull, bull, bull, bull, or same hole, same hole same hole over and over again. lol

For the scope on that one, I have a Nikon Prostaff 4-14, I don't believe it's their rimfire model, but it has a parallax adjustment down to 50 yards.

Good morning everyone, I need to share my rifle here, but I do need to take new pictures.
But for now this was my VERY best friend for 14 years and 7 months.
Buddy.

20181114_160914.jpg

20190123_142527.jpg

My buddy that I shoot with competes in some long range challenges, like ones they just tell you the height of the target and you have to figure out the distance yourself, and round count and timing affect your score. He was impressed with it enough that it's on his list to buy.

He didn't need to spot for me, but he wasn't shooting at the time, so he did any way. It was kind of satisfying hearing him say bull, bull, bull, bull, bull, or same hole, same hole same hole over and over again. lol

For the scope on that one, I have a Nikon Prostaff 4-14, I don't believe it's their rimfire model, but it has a parallax adjustment down to 50 yards.
I'm impressed with the Nikon optics.

It's too bad they no longer make rifle scopes. I read that they felt it gave their company a bad image, so they discontinued all of them.

It's too bad they no longer make rifle scopes. I read that they felt it gave their company a bad image, so they discontinued all of them.
I did not know that though I just did some window shopping and could not find one.

Their statement said something along the lines of guns are bad so we don't make parts for them anymore.

It's too bad really, I have 2 of them and really like both. My other scopes are Leupold, which I also like, but man have they gotten expensive.

I've always thought the Burris lines of scopes was a good value for the performance. Generally good glass and usable reticles. I have a couple Fullfield II 3-9x40 with the ballistic-plex. Excellent scope for a general deer rifle. I think they may have gone through some changes in recent years, I haven't bought a scope in a while. Last I counted, I have 40 scopes of various sizes, not currently mounted on rifles. So I should be good for a bit.

I agree with Burris too. I have a true 1-6 power with their Ballistic 3x reticle on my go to AR and really like it. It's really clear in low light as well.

-
Back