Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-
So rescue Shepard took a new twist today. No way on planet earth is that dog getting in a truck. No amount of coaxing, cheese or cookies will get her to move off the X and jump in. I mean nothing, you try and lift her and she bolts. I finally got her in the truck so we could go secure the gates this evening. Had to pick the whole dog up and toss her in. I think I will start using the truck every night. I hate giving up the cardio but getting her used to the truck is a good thing.
Brandy was the same way. Made a game of it to go down and get the mail. Likes the back of the Jeep better than the truck.

Brandy was the same way. Made a game of it to go down and get the mail. Likes the back of the Jeep better than the truck.
I am guessing she remembers getting tossed out of a truck and does not want to replicate the ensuing days in the wild, cold wet and starving that happened post truck ride. Just more of the emotional hurdles you get with rescuing hounds. She is really coming along tho, they are still ironing out some pecking order issues. But for most part they are getting along pretty darn good. they are starting to sleep by each other and the pup has not ventured any where close Hemis food bowl in several days. She has become my shadow.

E2DF07B6-7EC2-4EB8-BD0E-7A073C3C86B4.jpeg

85E81760-2B1D-4C2D-8395-E9858182DE32.jpeg

TThat's
I am guessing she remembers getting tossed out of a truck and does not want to replicate the ensuing days in the wild, cold wet and starving that happened post truck ride. Just more of the emotional hurdles you get with rescuing hounds. She is really coming along tho, they are still ironing out some pecking order issues. But for most part they are getting along pretty darn good. they are starting to sleep by each other and the pup has not ventured any where close Hemis food bowl in several days. She has become my shadow.

View attachment 1716038865

View attachment 1716038866
That's Cool! Awesome pic of You, Dad, and The Smith too! That will definitely be serious heirloom

My wife commandeered my Sig P365XL for herself, so picked I up a Sig M18 for my EDC. Transferred my accessories over and dialed in the red dot. I'm really happy with it all. Put 50 rounds of Buffalo Bore 9mm +P down range and the groupings were tight.

I may get a trigger mod down the road. A little too spongy for my liking

20221225_153844.jpg

20230123_194049.jpg

My wife commandeered my Sig P365XL for herself, so picked I up a Sig M18 for my EDC. Transferred my accessories over and dialed in the red dot. I'm really happy with it all. Put 50 rounds of Buffalo Bore 9mm +P down range and the groupings were tight.

I may get a trigger mod down the road. A little too spongy for my liking

View attachment 1716038906

View attachment 1716038907
I carry a SIG as well for my EDC, I put Grays triggers in them as I had same reaction to the factory trigger. It made all the difference in the world. And in a funny story my wife swiped my 365XL as well. I mistakenly let her shoot it one afternoon and never got it back!

Heads up guys, we have lasted 55 pages on this thread without getting bounced to the N&P section. While I certainly agree the brace ruling is a train wreck waiting to happen we need to keep politics out of the thread so as the moderators do not get in a position whereas they are forced to bounce the thread.

I have followed since the beginning, I see no danger of that yet, good reminder though. It's too good a thread to move there where it would likely die.

Just file online for an Arizona CPL That's where most folks I know got theirs. and you can burn that RI 60 when you walk out of the gun shop.

Yeah, I've looked into that. Just wondering how that works if you were to get pulled over with it and for some reason they check it and it's not 'registered' to you. Doubt it would ever happen, but who knows. I'm not real worried about it, my name is on other lists already for a few tax stamps.

Yeah, I've looked into that. Just wondering how that works if you were to get pulled over with it and for some reason they check it and it's not 'registered' to you. Doubt it would ever happen, but who knows. I'm not real worried about it, my name is on other lists already for a few tax stamps.
One of the absolute best ways to manage silencers etc is to create a trust, you put all your silencers etc into the trust. This protects your family in the event you perish unexpectedly. Basically keeps your wife from becoming a felon the day you die. It is a graceful solution to some seriously heavy handed bureaucracy.

If you have a Fakebook account follow:

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. | Facebook

There is a wealth of knowledge on there. Tom Lambert is right up to snuff on happenings in Michigan.

Yeah, too late for that now, but I agree, it's not just supressors, but same it would be the same situation regardless. The spouse gets a free tax stamp upon death, but can't have possession until the stamp comes through.

As a foot note we are seeing a very sharp rise in the usage of silencers here on the range and in classes, mostly carbine based but seeing more pistols as well. That platform from a technology base has really improved the last five years or so. The applications are overwhelming the Government ability to process.

I'm on there and MGO.

Tom actually posted a video some time back about the Arizona CPL, he walked out of the gun shop and lit the RI60 up and it faded away, lol.

Do you attend the 2A March in Lansing each year? Speaking of I haven't gotten a notification yet, There was some chatter about moving it up in the year. It was wet the last couple

20210923_102012.jpg

Nothing wrong with that, it's how it should be.

I had a guy just recently want to buy a pistol from me with an Arizona CPL. I was unsure how that worked for a private sale, I thought they would still need a Michigan CPL or a purchase permit if he didn't have one. There is nothing online for that situation and he insisted that no paperwork was needed, just like a long gun. I walked away from that one. I don't think a non resident out of state permit 'meets the criteria for a private sale.

Just wondering how that works if you were to get pulled over with it and for some reason they check it and it's not 'registered' to you. Doubt it would ever happen, but who knows.

Whomever sells you the pistol would still have to forward MSP's copy to them as the seller, the purchaser would not have to though, so there would still be a record of the transfer.

So for the record I am not, nor claim to be a gunsmith! I am simply a guy that works on his own junk to keep from paying a real gunsmith. Pictured are two of my most used tools. I am sure there are real professional type alternatives, but I use these all the time. A Tipton gun vise for bench and a set of wheeler scope install kit. Pictured is daughters Savage 110 chambered in 243. It is a little tack driver! And pix of said proud daughter with a couple furry friends!

8E66B849-C423-4731-AA73-CB77BB3CF901.jpeg

2173D4D7-506C-4722-81FE-B6E4E0008AFD.jpeg

23EAB306-77F6-4486-9F7F-12F7D1427A30.jpeg

So for the record I am not, nor claim to be a gunsmith! I am simply a guy that works on his own junk to keep from paying a real gunsmith. Pictured are two of my most used tools. I am sure there are real professional type alternatives, but I use these all the time. A Tipton gun vise for bench and a set of wheeler scope install kit. Pictured is daughters Savage 110 chambered in 243. It is a little tack driver! And pix of said proud daughter with a couple furry friends!

View attachment 1716041892

View attachment 1716041893

View attachment 1716041894
243 is a little rough on those don’t ya think.

So it is a balmy 18 degrees F here in Arkansas today with freezing rain. I have become immersed in the red dot world as I transition to it on my pistols. More and more students are showing up rocking red dots. While I have many hours with rifle and optics in the cold and heat, not near as much real world with pistol and red dot. The Marine in me took one look at weather outside today and thought, what a great day to test myself and my equipment! (Embrace the suk)I grabbed my trusty SIG 320 EDC that has a DPP mounted on it and hit the range. Equipment preformed flawlessly. Very little effect overall. So I shot a string while hands were warm and then shot a string after removing gloves and letting hands go basically numb. Note to self, shooting a rifle with cold hands is much easier than pistol! As picture depicts, dramatic reduction in ability to accurately shoot pistol When hands are cold. As “Bossman“ preached to us one fine miserable rainy night as our team moaned and bi**d, “Boys, we don’t fight on golf courses on sunny days” Train when ya can!

DB525976-24B6-4FF9-A9EA-55E679483A30.jpeg

So it is a balmy 18 degrees F here in Arkansas today with freezing rain. I have become immersed in the red dot world as I transition to it on my pistols. More and more students are showing up rocking red dots. While I have many hours with rifle and optics in the cold and heat, not near as much real world with pistol and red dot. The Marine in me took one look at weather outside today and thought, what a great day to test myself and my equipment! (Embrace the suk)I grabbed my trusty SIG 320 EDC that has a DPP mounted on it and hit the range. Equipment preformed flawlessly. Very little effect overall. So I shot a string while hands were warm and then shot a string after removing gloves and letting hands go basically numb. Note to self, shooting a rifle with cold hands is much easier than pistol! As picture depicts, dramatic reduction in ability to accurately shoot pistol When hands are cold. As “Bossman“ preached to us one fine miserable rainy night as our team moaned and bi**d, “Boys, we don’t fight on golf courses on sunny days” Train when ya can!

View attachment 1716042088
That tells me you need to move to Florida; 80 degrees is the high here today.

-
Back