Guns, Dogs and Blades QnA

-

Sublime one

72 Demon
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Northwest Arkansas Blair Creek Training Center
Well I have decided to take the plunge and start a QnA thread for the topic of Guns,Dogs and Blades. The catalyst is the chatter on the AR15 thread. There is just a wealth of knowledge and experience inside FABO with regard to Firearms. Dogs and blades just kind of worked their way in. Please note, given it is a Firearms based QnA platform invariably someone will stray into politics. This thread, like so many others will get pulled and dumped into NP section in the event that happens. Please leave politics where they belong and not on this thread. Our goal is to keep this more technical based, you need advice on what lower to purchase, here is a great place to ask. What weight to set your EDC carry trigger at, where can I find a good drop in trigger, what powder are you using for 300 black out etc etc. Gear heads are gear heads, if it has nuts and bolts we will hot rod it or build our own. I own and operate a Firearms training center and have many years as an instructor and a high level competitive shooter. A lot of our members are tied to the LEO community and or the military. Thus a wide ranging spectrum of real world experience and knowledge. No one guy has all the expertise, but given the amount of great feedback on the AR 15 thread it is apparent we got folks who know stuff! From Cowboy Shooting, to Bullseye, to IDPA, to plinking in your back yard, be safe and have fun. Just some pix to get you guys going!

5CCC22D9-0564-47A6-BA72-54BBA4BF75A3.jpeg

2ABE6B38-0EE3-4820-BA97-87E66823A33E.jpeg

FDCD918E-AB8E-45F8-BF37-6BB62F263DB2.jpeg

CC9E5B93-AB35-4130-A92B-58C459B646FB.jpeg

639109DA-B27C-4C5A-BB87-2499629A6AA2.jpeg

20DFAE20-44EF-4F5A-B520-B0675727A6CC.jpeg

5EBC9937-CA3E-4B6A-8D89-F3B63DC904B7.jpeg

99B27E64-8938-4681-867E-E873FE4BF345.jpeg

Since this is a QnA thread, could you explain why the AK-47 is far superior to the AR15?

No more dogs for me until they live longer. I can't handle the loss of another furry family member. Sure, he could clear the room with a single SBD M.O.A.B. I am not going to put my boy down again.

:(

Any bodies feelings on using a Taurus G3 C2 as a conceal carry pistol.

I own two Taurus pistols. Would not trust my life with either of them. For the price they aren’t bad at the range but mine have a couple malfunctions every 200 rounds or so.

Any bodies feelings on using a Taurus G3 C2 as a conceal carry pistol.
As a range safety officer I see a lot of firearms used daily, here is my .02 on the Taurus G3 I would find the ammo it likes, as I have seen them be a bit finicky on ammo. Once I narrowed it down to a couple of versions I would spend some range time ensuring I did not have any feed issues prior to it becoming my EDC.

AKs look scarier. And one could concoct the human behind the trigger is less adjusted.

hi, i acquired a S&W 40 how good are these hand guns? i have not yet shot this one

I don’t have the time at the moment to read all the above posts but...is reloading going to be verboten?

Just wondering out loud if we can discuss that topic too.

hi, i acquired a S&W 40 how good are these hand guns? i have not yet shot this one
Again from observing many students and public shooting the 40s. Most folks are frankly a bit surprised at the “abrupt” nature of the 40. It is a nasty round to be sure. They are coming down in price due to the reduced velocity of sales for them. A couple of years ago everyone wanted one, now they have diminished a bit in popularity. They hit hard and they shoot hard. A solid firm grip is essential, take it out to the range and shoot it. We would love to hear your results. For me honestly, they fatigue my wrist in a very few rounds. To quantify I consider very few rounds maybe a 200 round session. At about 150 I can feel the fatigue setting in and my concentration wanders as does the POI! (point of impact) But I still own one and shoot it! Nasty round.

Some day I post up some cool vintage reloading gear. The new stuff aint even close in quality.

My home gun is a Sig in .40

I like it and I trust it with my life.

My gun wont work, how do I fix it?

I almost forgot to add the info on it.

It sometimes goes bang and its black.

Thanks in advance.

My gun wont work, how do I fix it?

I almost forgot to add the info on it.

It sometimes goes bang and its black.

Thanks in advance.

Clamp it down and remove some metal
(Kidding, well sometimes not)